Anyone planning to come to New Zealand as a tourist needs a valid visa. However, nationals of some countries do not need to apply for a visitor visa to visit New Zealand for a short period. These people must apply for an NZeTA or New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority instead of a visa.
We will provide updates on New Zealand Visitor visa types, requirements, the application process, processing time, duration, and other details.
Get the FREE Cheat sheet for
New Zealand Visitor visa
New Zealand Visitor visa: Application Process
The New Zealand visa application process can be done online or by paper submission. If you want to submit your documents online, you need to create an account on the New Zealand government website. Then submit the documents along with your photo through this account. You can also pay your visa application with your credit card. You can track the visa application status through this account. Keep in mind that online submission is easier and facilitates the visa processing process.
If you cannot send your documents online, you must contact the New Zealand Immigration Office or the Visa Application Center and submit your required documents.
New Zealand Visitor visa: Requirements
The documents you usually need to provide to obtain a New Zealand Visitor Visa are:
- Identity documents: If you apply online, you must send one photo, and if you send your documents on paper, you must send two photos. Other documents, such as a passport and a certified copy of it, are required. If you send your documents online, all you have to do is send a certified copy of your passport.
- Health requirements: People applying for all types of New Zealand visas, including visitor visas, should be examined for health status.
- If you plan to visit your family members in New Zealand, you must provide their details, including their name, address, contact number, their visa status, or citizenship.
- You must provide proof that you do not intend to reside permanently in New Zealand. For this purpose, you can submit documents such as the employer’s letter, documents that show that you receive a pension in your country, and any documents that prove your family ties in your home country.
- You need to demonstrate that you can cover your travel expenses. For this purpose, you can provide documents such as your bank statements. If someone in New Zealand will cover your trip expenses, you can provide documents such as your sponsor’s employment contract, payslips, and bank statement.
New Zealand Visitor visa: Types
- Occupational registration visitor visa: If you want to apply for New Zealand occupational registration or you are in New Zealand, and you have applied for residence, and you need more time to obtain occupational registration, you can apply for this visa. This permission is valid for up to three months.
- Tourist visa: You can travel to New Zealand as a tourist under this visa. To obtain it, you must prove that you can support your expenses in this country. Those who want to visit their friends and family members must also apply for this permission. But you should note that citizens of some countries can stay in New Zealand for a limited time without a visa. These people need an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) instead of a tourist visa.
- Business visitor visa: If you intend to travel to New Zealand for business reasons, you can apply for this visa. This permission is valid for up to three months. If you apply for this visa online, your visa application process will be processed faster. In this case, citizens of some countries do not need a visa and only need to provide an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority).
Let’s sum up…
We reviewed the types of New Zealand Visitor visa, the application process, requirements, and other details. In different sections of the Visa Library website, you can learn about other New Zealand visas as well as the immigration process in other countries.
If you have experience obtaining a New Zealand visa, share it with other readers through the comments section. Sharing your experiences can be very effective and helpful. We are also happy to receive your constructive comments and suggestions.