eVisitor (subclass 651) is a type of Australia visitor visa issued online and free of charge to some countries’ citizens. Under this visa, you can travel to Australia and spend your holidays as well as meet family and friends. In the following, we will review the requirements, documents, and other details of this visa.
What is the eVisitor (subclass 651)?
- Meet family and friends in Australia
- Spend your vacation in this country
- Participate in business activities
- Study for three months under certain circumstances
The eVisitor (subclass 651) is valid for three months from the date of issuance, and you do not have to pay a fee as a visa application fee. In other words, you can travel to this country as many times as you want within 12 months and stay up to three months each time. Those wishing to train at a childcare center or health center, or hospital environment must apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600).
People who come to Australia for business purposes can do the following:
- The investigation related to the business
- Negotiation for the employment contract
- Activities related to official government visit
- Participation in conferences, seminars, and events
You are not allowed to sell your services and goods under this visa. If you intend to work temporarily in Australia, you must apply for a temporary work visa. If you intend to obtain this visa, consider the following:
- You can not include your family members in the visa application. They must apply for a visa separately.
- The eVisitor is given as multiple entries.
- As mentioned, most applications are processed within four months. If you enter incorrect information, your application might take longer to process.
- You can enter or leave Australia as long as the eVisitor is valid.
- You must be outside Australia when applying for this visa.
- To be eligible for the e-Visitor, you must be able to meet all the requirements and comply with Australian law.
- To cover medical expenses, it makes sense to buy health insurance.
- Once the visa is issued, it will be entered digitally into your passport, and there is no need for a label.
What are the requirements for obtaining an eVisitor visa (subclass 651)?
To be able to obtain this visa, you must have a valid passport from one of the following countries:
|Republic of San Marino
|United Kingdom – British Citizen||Vatican City
- The following people are not allowed to submit their application:
- British National Overseas,
- British Dependent Territories Citizen
- British Overseas Citizen
- British Protected Person
- British Subject passport
- You must be able to meet the health requirement.
- You must also be able to meet the character requirement. If you have a criminal conviction, you should apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). Otherwise, you may be refused entry.
- If you or your family members owe money to the Australian Government, you must repay it to qualify for this visa.
- You must also indicate that you do not intend to reside permanently in Australia. You will also comply with the requirements or conditions set out in your visa.
- You need to have enough money to cover your expenses while you are in Australia.
- Australian Government might not give this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
How to apply for eVisitor (subclass 651)?
To apply for the e-Visitor, you must apply online. Therefore, you should first create an account in ImmiAccount, then upload your documents through your account.
After you apply
The Australian Government will notify you by email that it has received your documents. If you do not receive an email from them within 12 hours, check your request’s status on ImmiAccount. At this stage, your documents will be evaluated, and your application will be reviewed. Then a decision is made about granting a visa.
If you are issued a visa, you will receive the following information:
- Your visa grant number
- The date your visa starts
- Your visa conditions
What is the processing time of eVisitor (subclass 651)?
90% of visa applications will be processed within four months.
How long is this visa valid for?
This visa is a temporary visa. The total validity of this visa is 12 months. You can travel to Australia as long as you want during the 12 months and stay up to 3 months each time. You cannot apply for a visa extension if you intend to stay longer in Australia. In this case, you need a new visa; therefore, if you plan to stay longer in Australia for a holiday, you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600).
Generally, you can apply for a suitable visa depending on the reason you have.
If you want to stay less than 72 hours in Australia while you are destined to another country, you can apply for an Australia transit visa.
How much does it cost for this visa?
Fortunately, people who want to get this visa are exempt from paying any fees. Note that citizens of some of the countries listed in the previous section can only apply for eVistor visa.
How you got your eVisitor (subclass 651): first-hand experience
If you have experience in getting an eVisitor, you can write it in the comments section so that other readers can get acquainted with the challenges and possible problems they will face in the process of applying for this visa. Conveying your first-hand experiences can be very valuable to others.
Let’s sum up …
We reviewed the eVisitor visa application process with details such as requirements, costs, validity, processing time, and other details. Information on other Australian visas, as well as other countries, can be found on the Visa Library website. For information on other Australia visas, you can use the sidebar on the left side of the site, and other countries are at the top of the page.
You can also ask your questions through the comments section, and we will answer as soon as possible.