Perhaps you have had your alone times, and you have had lots of fun. However, spending time with friends has its benefits. You get to know other people and cultures, improving your communication skills. An India group tourist visa can be a proper alternative.
Traveling in a group feels better, whether you know them or not, you can spend precious time.
On this page, we have thoroughly gathered all the handy information you need to know before traveling to India under a group tourist visa, including requirements, eligibility, etc.
What is an India group tourist visa?
A group tourist visa is issued for a group of people who seek to visit India as tourists. This visa is usually given for tours, as they travel and visit sights altogether.
India group tourist visa validity and processing time
Foreign tourists will receive a collective landing permit for a maximum period of 60 days, with a multiple-entry facility to visit a neighboring country.
India group tourist visa eligibility
- Only groups of four people or more are eligible for this visa.
- Passengers on cruise ships shall obtain a collective landing permit. However, suppose a cruise ship visits more than one port in India without visiting other countries’ ports. In that case, a collective landing permit is issued at the first port of entry, meaning you don’t need to obtain a collective landing permit at each port of visit in the itinerary.
- This will only happen if the arranged period of travel meets the collective permit’s validity.
India group tourist requirements
When filling the application form, travel agents are due to take responsibility for the whole group. The required documentation must include:
- The tour group’s itinerary consists of the names and passport numbers of the members stamped and signed by the travel agency manager.
- Cover letter with underwriting the expenses of the tour.
- Bank statement of the sponsoring company since last three months stamped and signed
- Airline PNR of airplane tickets
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Group travel medical insurance policy
- Visa application files for members of the tour group
- Application form duly filled and signed. (Children must submit an application form signed by both parents)
- Passport validity for at least 3 months after the date of departure, including at least two blank pages, issued within the previous 10 years.
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Paid visa fee of Rs. 5126 (EUR 60) by the travel agent online.
- A copy of the collective landing permit with the names and passports details
How to apply for an India group tourist visa?
Visa applications of the tour group should be submitted at the site of India. An appointment can only be requested through an e-mail to the referred consulate.
For those members seeking to travel separately or stay longer; the incentive tour shall apply separately for an individual tourist visa. As the visa applications of the tour group are submitted, adding or replacing members won’t be accepted to the tour group.
The tourist or travel agency must fill in the applications online on this website. Note that a complete list of members and printed visa applications and itineraries should be submitted by the agency to the concerned FRRO/ FRO, at most 72 hours.
The tourist or travel agency shall also guarantee that no tourist would be allowed to drop out from the group at any time or any place.
India group tourist visa fees
The India group tourist visa fee is $ 40 or equivalent in Indian rupees per passenger, including children, charged from each foreigner to grant a landing permit. The cost is collected in the same way as the collection of visa fees.
Can dependents come along under an India group tourist visa?
This is an individual visa, meaning you may not bring anyone under your visa.
Having obtained an India group tourist visa, you will be able to travel in a group to India as tourists and enjoy the attractions with your beloved people.
If you are eager to know more about other types of visas worldwide, you can check out the left sidebar or website menu.
Have you ever traveled to India? How was your trip? Please kindly share your experience with us in the comments.