Do you have any particular talents? Do you have internationally recognized and credible achievements? If your answer is yes, you should know that you can apply for a China Talent Visa, provided that your knowledge, ability, and talent are required in this country.
Fortunately, the China government has raised some of the barriers for eligible people. For example, China R visa applicants do not need to pay a fee to the embassy as a visa application fee. They can also bring their families to this country. However, the visa processing time is also very short.
In the following, we intend to explain the application process, the requirements, documents, approvals, and other details related to this visa so that you can find the answers to all your questions here.
What is a China R visa?
Highly talented people whose China needs their abilities and skills can apply for a China R visa. Holders of this visa have many benefits, including being able to reside and work in China. Generally, this visa is issued as a multiple-entry, and its validity is between 5 to 10 years. The good news is that their spouses and minor children can also come to China on an S2 visa. By defining this visa, the China government has shown that it has a high capacity to accept and create a friendly working environment for talented people.
Who is considered High-Level Talent?
It makes sense that China R visa applicants should have a high level of skill. Also, their capabilities and skills should be in a way that is required by China. Based on these criteria, some of the people who can apply for this visa are:
- People accepted into China’s talent introduction programs by talent management authorities such as the Introduction of Renowned Overseas Professors and CAS Hundred Talents Project.
- People with internationally recognized achievements, such as Nobel prize winner, people who have worked as professors or vice professors at the world’s top universities, as well as scientists from the Academy of Sciences or the Academy of Engineering.
- Senior management staff in China’s state-owned enterprises and Fortune Global 500 Enterprises, etc
Of course, note that not all people who can apply for this visa are limited to the cases mentioned.
What are the requirements for obtaining a China Talent Visa?
If you are applying for this visa, you must provide the following documents:
- Valid passport: It is necessary to present your passport and a copy of it. Note that its validity must be at least six months. Your passport must also have at least two blank pages.
- Visa Application Form: You must complete and sign the R visa application form. If the travel/visa agency completes your form on behalf of you, both you and the agent must sign the completed form. You must complete your application form on your computer, then print and next sign it.
- Photo submission is also required. Note that the dimensions of your photo should be 48 mm x 33 mm.
- Confirmation Letter: This letter is for High-Level Foreign Talents and issued by China’s provincial level Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs.
- Other documents: The Chinese embassy may ask you to provide more documents.
How to apply for a China R Visa?
- In the first step, you must apply for a Confirmation Letter for High-Level Foreign Talents. The processing of this request and the issuance of the letter usually takes five working days.
- After issuing the letter, prepare all the documents mentioned in the previous section.
- The documents must be submitted to the embassy or consulate of China. If there is a Chinese Visa Application Service Center in your country, you can go there to submit the documents. Documents can be submitted by you, a trusted person, or a travel agent.
What is the processing time for an R visa?
The processing time of this visa is four working days, but it can also be processed within two working days upon the applicant’s request. If your family members have also applied for a visa, their visa application will be processed during the same period.
How much does it cost to apply for a China R visa?
Talented people applying for this visa, as well as their families, are exempt from paying any fees. However, if the visa application is submitted through CVASC, a fee must be paid to CVASC.
What should R visa holders do after entering China?
They must first obtain a Foreigners Work Permit with the help of the local Foreigners Working Management Bureau or their trusted agencies. The documents they must provide are:
- Their passport
- R visa
- The employment contract
- Physical examination record
The following documents are required to renew and replace the permit for the China R visa:
- Contract of employment
- Employment Certificate issued by the Chinese organization where they work in
- Physical examination record
- The original R visa and endorsement pages
- Passport information page
How you got your talent visa?
As you know, different people may have different experiences in the process of applying for the same visa based on their documents and records. Therefore, if you have already received this visa and have experience in this field, we ask you to share your story with our other readers through the comment section. This way, you will help them make better decisions.
Let’s sum up…
In the previous sections, we reviewed how to apply for a China R visa, step by step. If you need to access classified information on other visas in China or other countries, you can go to the left sidebar or the menu at the top of the page.
Also do not forget that you can ask your questions through the comments section. Our experts will respond as soon as possible.