Different visas are issued for various purposes in China. Foreigners who intend to do business activities in the short term can apply for a business visa. We are going to discuss the China business visa application and essential details such as visa fees, duration, and invitation letter in the following.
What is a China business visa?
The Chinese business visa, known as M visa, is issued to foreigners who intend to do business in China. This visa has been introduced since 2013. Previously, the F visa was known as the Chinese Business Visa. This visa is issued as a single entry, double entry, or multiple entries. Holders of M visa are allowed to perform the following activities:
- Attendance trade fairs
- Business negotiations
- Signing contracts
- Visiting the factories and customers
The holder of this visa usually stays in China for up to 3 months. However, the period of stay under this visa is 30 days and might be longer, depending on the circumstances. American, Canadian, and Argentine citizens can stay in China for up to ten years using a China business visa.
If you are from one of the following countries, you can travel to China for business purposes without a visa:
- 90-day stay for people from Bosnia, Herzegovina, and San Marino
- People in Mauritius can stay in China for up to 60 days
- People from the following countries are allowed to stay for 30 days:
|Fiji||Tonga||The United Arab Emirates||Seychelles|
- People from Brunei, Japan, and Singapore can remain in China for up to 15 days without a visa.
What are the China business visa requirements?
Applicants for the M visa must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport:
- Passport validity must be at least six months.
- The passport must have more than one blank page.
- A copy of the passport is required.
- If your Chinese visa is registered in another passport, provide that passport along with the new passport.
- China business visa application form with the applicant’s photo
- Complete the application form on your computer first, then print it out and sign it.
- Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- When filling out the form, if a section does not apply to you, write N/A in the blank. No parts should be left blank.
- The form must be printed as single-sided pages.
- The applicant’s photo must be taken within the last six months.
- The dimensions of the photo should be 33 by 48 mm.
- If the applicant applies for a visa from a third country, he must specify the status of his residency in that country.
- Submission of Visa Service Request Form
- China business visa invitation letter that must contain the following information:
- Applicant information including name, date of birth and passport number
- Information such as travel purpose, length of stay, places to be visited, time of entry and exit from China
- Inviter information such as name, contact number, address, the official seal of the company and signature
- The invitation letter should explain how the accommodation costs are covered.
- The letter of invitation must be printed on the company’s official letterhead.
- The letter of invitation must be issued by the company located in mainland China. Invitations issued in Hong Kong or Taiwan are not acceptable.
- The following persons must issue the invitation letter:
- Chinese business partner
- Official Chinese institute
- A trade fair
How to apply for a China business visa?
The mentioned documents must be submitted by you or a person you trust to one of the following centers:
- Chinese consulates
- Chinese embassies
- In some countries, such as Singapore, India, and Australia, documents must be submitted to Chinese visa application centers.
How long does it take to evaluate and issue a China M visa?
Application processing time is usually four working days. If the applicants want their request to be processed faster, they can benefit Express and Rush services. If applicants pay an additional USD 30, their application will be processed on the same day.
How much is the China business visa fee?
The application fee for a China business visa is the same as other Chinese visas. The cost of applying for a Chinese visa varies from country to country. The embassies can provide detailed guidance in this regard.
How long can the holder of this visa stay in China?
As mentioned, the validity of this visa is up to three months. However, the US, Canadian and Argentine nationals can stay in China for up to ten years under this visa. The duration of your stay is up to your condition. The authorities grant length of stay so to complete what you want to do in China.
How to extend a Chinese business visa?
If the individuals fail to meet their purpose of travel within the set time, they can apply to increase the China business visa duration. They must go to the local exit and entry administration to renew their visa. The M visa must be renewed at least seven days before the expiration date.
Can the M visa holder work in China?
If you work for a foreign company, you are allowed to work for up to 3 months using this visa. If you want to work for a domestic company or work for a foreign company for more than three months, you must apply for a work visa.
Let’s sum up …
In this article, we reviewed the questions that are often asked about a China business visa application. On the Visa Library website, you can learn about other Chinese visas as well as ways to immigrate to other countries. In case you have some experience, please write it down in the comment section. Your comments let the readers choose better and avoid mistakes. Conveying your experiences in comments is a great help for applicants.