If you have a talent and international achievement in the field of art, sports, and culture, you can apply for a Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa. If you can work in New Zealand for at least two years under this visa, you will be eligible for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa.

We cover the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident visa application process, requirements, fees to be paid, processing time, and all you need to know in the following.

Get the FREE Cheat sheet for
New Zealand Talent Resident Visa

What is a Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa

Those who have a Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa can apply for this visa. With this visa, you can work and live indefinitely in New Zealand. If you are applying for this visa, you should pay attention to the following:

Video description 

Find the links and extra information explained in the video here: 

Talent work visa article 

Residence application form 

New Zealand immigration website to find the address to send your documents  

  • You must have a talent work visa for at least two years.
  • You still have to make significant achievements in the field of your talent.
  • You also need an acceptable sponsor to get this visa.
  • Keep in mind that you can enter your dependent children and partners’ names when applying for this visa.
  • You can study in New Zealand under this visa.
  • Once you have received your resident visa, you can work for any employer and in any job you want.
  • The visa must be entered in a valid passport. If your passport expires, you must transfer your visa to a new passport. For this purpose, you must:
  • Send your old and new passport to New Zealand Immigration.
  • Complete the Application for Transfer or Confirmation of a Visa
  • Pay the visa transfer fee.

What are the requirements for obtaining this visa?

  • If you are using a paper application, you must submit two photos, and if you are submitting your documents online, you must send one photo.
  • You must provide a passport and a certified copy of it.
  • All people over the age of 17 must present a police certificate to prove their good character. The country of your citizenship or a country where you have been there for 12 months or more during the last ten years will issue this certificate. This certificate must be in English and less than six months old when you apply.
  • You must have a chest x-ray and a medical examination to prove your health.
  • You must be on a Talent (Arts, Culture, and Sports) Work Visa for at least 24 months. For this reason, the date of your arrival in New Zealand, which is stated in your passport, will be checked.
  • You need to show that you have been active in the field of your talent within the past 24 months. For this purpose, you can provide the following documents:
  • Evidence that you earn money through these activities (receipts, bank statements, tax returns)
  • You can provide dates of your events and performances.
  • Letters from individuals or organizations confirming the work you’ve done in your field of talent
  • A letter from your supporting organization explaining your activities over the last 24 months
  • You still have to be prominent in the field of your talent. For this purpose, you can pay attention to the following:
  • The company that supports you must prove that you are outstanding in your field.
  • The press should also confirm your prominence.
  • You have to prove that your presence in New Zealand strengthens this country’s achievements in terms of your talent. Your sponsor must complete the Talent (Arts, Culture, and Sports) Sponsorship Form and explain how your ongoing presence can be useful for New Zealand.
  • You need a sponsor to get this visa. The sponsor can be an individual or an organization. The sponsor must guarantee that they will cover you financially for up to two years. The sponsor must also complete the Talent (Arts, Culture, and Sports) Sponsorship Form.
  • You can include the name of your family members in your visa application. Your family members mean the dependent children and partner. They need to meet health and character requirements. They must also be able to speak English. In this case, they must prove that:
  • have an acceptable English language test result
  • have an English-speaking background
  • are competent speakers of English for other reasons.

If your dependent child who is 16 years old or older, and your partner are unable to speak English, they should take language classes in New Zealand. You must also pay the tuition fee for these classes before applying for a visa.

  • To be eligible for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa, you must apply in New Zealand.
  • You should not receive any welfare benefits or assistance to apply for this visa.

If you want to immigrate to New Zealand as a doctor, read our article.

How can I apply for this visa?

If you want to apply for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa, consider the following steps:

  1. You must first prepare and collect the necessary documents.
  2.   You can apply for this visa by paper application. You must first complete the residence application form and then choose one of the following methods to pay for the visa application fee:
    • Credit Card
    • Debit Card
    • Bank check/draft
    • Personal check

    The postal address is:

    Immigration New Zealand.

    PO Box 76895.

    Manukau City.

    Auckland 2241.

    New Zealand.

  3. You will have to wait until after sending the documents. During this time, New Zealand Immigration will process your documents and decide whether to grant you a visa.

How much does it cost to apply for this visa?

The application fee for this visa is NZ$ 1,800. Note that this fee is non-refundable. In other words, even if your visa application is rejected, this fee will not be refunded to you.

Do you wish to move to the Netherlands as a dentist? Read our article.

How long does it take to assess the submitted documents and issue b the visa?

90% of the applications sent for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa will be processed within 16 months.

Can the visa holder travel?

You can enter or leave New Zealand as long as your travel conditions are valid. Once your travel conditions have expired, you must apply for one of the following:

  • A Permanent Resident Visa
  • A variation of your travel conditions

Travel conditions expire two years after your first arrival in New Zealand. If your travel conditions expire while you are out of New Zealand, then your visa will expire.

Let’s sum up …

We reviewed the visa application process, requirements, costs, processing time, and other details in the previous paragraphs. We also answered questions that most visa applicants might face in their visa application process.

In other sections of the Visa Library website, you can find out about other New Zealand visas as well as visas from other countries. If you have experience obtaining visas for New Zealand or other countries, you can share it with other readers through the comments section. Conveying your experiences can be a valuable help to others. You can also ask your questions through this section, and we will answer them as soon as possible.

How useful was this article?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 3 / 5. Vote count: 2

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this article.