Those who have international achievements in the fields of art, sports, and culture can apply for Zealand Talent Work Visa. In fact, it is a type of work visa that has many benefits for the visa holder. For example, this visa is a pathway to get residency. However, you must provide evidence that proves your talent. International achievements and awards can be part of these documents.
In this article, we cover the New Zealand Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work visa application process, requirements, fees to be paid, and other things you need to know.
What is a Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa?
Those who have notable talent in the following areas can apply for the talent work visa:
Obtaining this visa is a way that allows you to get a New Zealand residency. Applicants for this visa should consider the following:
- This visa is valid for up to 30 months. After this period, if you are eligible, you can apply for residency.
- You must be 55 years of age or younger to be eligible for this visa.
- You cannot include the name of your partner and dependent children when applying for a work visa. These people must apply for a separate visa based on their relationship with you. But if you are eligible to apply for residency, you can include your family members in your application.
- While in New Zealand, you can study for three months every 12 months.
- You need an acceptable sponsor to get this visa.
- You can work with any employer in New Zealand under this visa.
- Your visa must be entered in a valid passport. If your passport expires, you must transfer your visa to a valid passport before travelling. To transfer a visa, you must pay attention to the following:
- Send your new and old passport to immigrate to New Zealand
- Complete the Application for Transfer or Confirmation of a Visa
- Pay the transfer fee
What are the requirements for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa?
- Submit one photo if you are applying online and two if you are using a paper application.
- A passport and a certified copy of it are required.
- To prove good health, you should do a medical examination and chest x-ray.
- A police certificate is required. This certificate is issued by your country of citizenship or the country in which you have lived for five years after reaching the age of 17. For details on obtaining this certificate, you can visit the New Zealand Immigration website.
- You must be 55 years of age or younger to be eligible for this visa. Proof of identity is required to prove your age.
- The most important condition for obtaining this visa is that you have significant talent in the field of art, culture, and sports, therefore:
- You must have an international reputation in these fields
- You must be prominent and well-known in the field of art, sports, and culture
- Your presence in New Zealand should increase the achievements of this country in your field of talent.
The documents you can provide are:
- Your membership in professional associations
- Recommendation letters
- Anything else demonstrates your talent.
How much does a talent visa cost?
The cost of applying for a New Zealand visa, including the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa, varies depending on your country and nationality. So for up-to-date information on the fees you have to pay, you can visit the New Zealand Immigration website.
How to apply for this visa?
- You must first prepare all the documents required for this visa.
- Then you need to create an account on the New Zealand Immigration Website. Send your documents through this account, and pay the visa application fee.
- You will have to wait a while for New Zealand Immigration to process your application and decide on your visa.
- If your visa application is approved, you have some time to enter New Zealand. If you stay on this visa for more than two years, you can apply for residency.
- You need to prepare the necessary documents.
- You must go to the nearest visa application centre to submit the documents. Then pay the visa application fee and immigration levy and post your documents.
- You will then have to wait for New Zealand Immigration to assess your documents.
- If your visa application is approved, you can apply for a Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Resident Visa after 24 months.
Remember that online submission is the preferred method and will make your application process faster. Therefore, we recommend that you select this method to submit your visa application.
Can the visa holder travel?
You have up to three months to enter New Zealand after receiving your talent work visa. You can then enter or leave New Zealand for up to 30 months.
Let’s sum up …
In the previous sections, we examined the details of the process, such as the visa application process, requirements, and fees to be paid. In other sections of the Visa Library website, you can find information about other New Zealand visas as well as visas from other countries.
If you have experience in obtaining a visa, share it with us through the comments section. Conveying your experiences can help others make better decisions. You can also share your questions with us through this section, and we will respond as soon as possible.