New Zealand Global Impact visa gives investors and entrepreneurs the opportunity to work and live in this country to strengthen innovative ventures. In addition, having this visa means that you can apply for residency in this country.
We review the New Zealand Global Impact Work visa application process, the requirements you have to provide, the fees to be paid, the processing time, and other details.
What is the Global impact work visa new Zealand?
Entrepreneurs and investors accepted into the Edmund Hillary Fellowship can immigrate to New Zealand under the Global Impact Work Visa. Visa holders can live and work in New Zealand as well as create and support innovative ventures. The initial validity of this visa is 36 months, but visa holders can apply for residency after a while. If you want to apply for this permission, you must pay attention to the following:
- You can apply for residency 30 months after being accepted to the Edmund Hillary Fellowship. Edmund Hillary Fellowship is given to entrepreneurs and investors who want to combine creativity and innovation with business approaches.
- You can apply for the Global Impact Work Visa if you are accepted to the Edmund Hillary Fellowship.
- You cannot enter your family members when applying for a work visa. They must apply for the appropriate visa based on their relationship with you. But when you want to apply for residency, you will no longer face this restriction.
- Your family members must also meet the health and character requirements.
- Once you arrive in New Zealand on a Global Impact Work visa, you can enter and leave the country as long as you wish, provided your visa is valid.
- You can have any job in any location in New Zealand under this visa.
- You cannot apply for welfare assistance while in New Zealand.
- Please note that from 10 August 2020, applying for temporary New Zealand visas from abroad will be closed unless there are exceptions.
What are the requirements for obtaining a global impact visa new Zealand?
- You must provide two acceptable photos. It is also necessary to present a passport or a certified copy of it as well as a birth certificate.
- All New Zealand visa applicants must undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray.
- People over the age of 17 who intend to stay in New Zealand for a long time must present a police certificate. Please note that this certificate must be in English. Also, it should not be more than six months from the date of issuance of the police certificate at the time of application. The police certificate is issued by one of the following:
- Your country of citizenship
- Any country where you have lived there for five years or more since you turned 17 years old
- You must meet the requirements of a fit and proper person. All your business must comply with immigration, employment and taxation laws. You should also consider the following:
- You should never be investigated by the New Zealand Police or the Serious Fraud Office for an offense related to your business.
- You should not have a history of any convictions.
- You should never be involved in business fraud or financial impropriety.
- You must have at least New Zealand $ 36,000 to support yourself and your family in your first year in New Zealand. To prove it, you must consider the following:
- Bank statements issued in your own name or the name of your partner who is included in your visa application
- Job offer for you or your partner with an annual income of NZ $ 36,000
- Scholarship valued at least NZ $ 36,000 for the first year
- Another source of income to provide NZ $ 36,000 in the first year
- You must be able to speak English well. The documents you can provide are:
- English language test result
- Evidence that you are a citizen of Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States, or that you have studied and worked in these countries for at least 5 years.
- Confirmation from Edmund Hillary Fellowship that you are fluent in English.
- Edmund Hillary Fellowship must accept you to be eligible for this visa. Upon receipt of approval, you will be given a Letter of Offer, which you must submit to New Zealand Immigration.
- If you were selected because of an investor profile, you must prove that the capital and assets were legally acquired. Some of the evidence you can provide is:
- Payslips or employment agreement
- Tax returns
- Asset valuations
- Dividend Statements
- Business Performance CAP reports.
How to apply for the Global Impact Work Visa?
The general procedure to apply for this visa is as follows:
- Before the application process, you must first submit your application to the Edmund Hillary Fellowship.
- The Edmund Hillary Fellowship selects applicants twice a year. If you are selected, you will get a letter from them.
- After receiving a Letter of Offer from the Edmund Hillary Fellowship, you can apply for a Global Impact Work Visa to New Zealand Immigration.
- If you need to apply for a visa in New Zealand and your current visa is about to expire, you must first apply for another temporary visa immediately in order to apply for a Global Impact Visa.
Keep in mind that you can apply for your visa online or through a paper application.
How much does it cost to apply for this visa?
The visa application fee is NZD $ 635. However, citizens of some countries have to pay other fees. Note that this fee is non-refundable. This means that New Zealand Immigration will receive this amount to process your application. Therefore, even if your visa application is rejected, this fee will not be refunded to you.
We recommend that you visit the New Zealand Immigration website for detailed information on the fees you must pay based on the country where you are applying for a visa.
What is the processing time of this visa?
90% of the submitted applications are evaluated and reviewed within 10 months. Please note that due to COVID-19, those outside New Zealand are currently unable to apply for visas.
After the completion of 24 months of your stay, you will be able to apply for permanent residency.
Let’s sum up …
We reviewed the Global Impact Work visa application process, benefits, requirements, and more in the previous sections. On the Visa Library website, you can learn about other visas in this country and other countries.
If you have experience obtaining a Global Impact Work visa, you can share it with other readers through the comments section because your experiences help others make more accurate decisions. You can also ask your questions through this section. We will respond as soon as possible.