New Zealand Business Visitor Visa is issued for business purposes. However, citizens of some countries do not need this visa. They can stay in the country for three months by receiving NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority).
We review the New Zealand Business Visitor Visa application process, requirements, processing time, cost to be paid, and many more.
What is the New Zealand Business Visitor Visa?
If you intend to travel to this country for business purposes, you must apply for this visa. To be qualified for the New Zealand business visitor visa, you must have enough money to cover your expenses. If you need to obtain this visa, you must consider the following:
- New Zealand Business Visitor Visa is valid for up to three months.
- To get this visa, we recommend that you submit your documents online for faster processing.
- You can also enter your partner and dependent children in your online application.
- If you are applying for a visa waiver country, you do not need to obtain a Business Visitor visa, but you must obtain NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before coming to New Zealand.
- You are only allowed to obtain this visa for business purposes.
- If you want to enter or leave New Zealand, you must have a valid multiple-entry travel condition to return to the country.
- You must have sufficient budget or sponsorship to pay for your trip.
- You are not allowed to work in New Zealand under this visa.
- You must leave New Zealand before your visa expires.
What are the requirements for obtaining this visa?
- You must provide an acceptable photo if you want to submit your documents online. If you are applying by paper submission, it is necessary to send two photos.
- You must also provide an original passport or a certified copy of it. If you submit documents online, you must upload a copy of your passport.
- You must do a medical examination to prove your health. If you plan to stay in New Zealand for more than six months, you will also need a chest x-ray.
- All applicants for Business Visitor Visa (over the age of 17) must present a police certificate. To receive this certificate, you must go to the country of which you are a citizen. The country where you have been for more than five years since you turned 17 can also issue this certificate. You do not need to resend if you have recently submitted this certificate to receive another visa. Note that this certificate must be in English; otherwise, you must translate it into English.
- You must genuinely meet your visa requirements and provide the correct information during the visa application process.
- You can also enter your partner and dependent child in your visa application. Please note that your child must be 19 years of age or younger to qualify for this visa. You should also consider the following:
- Providing documents, including a birth certificate or marriage certificate, is necessary to prove your relationship with your family members.
- You must provide identification documents of your family members.
- Your family members need to be able to meet the character and health requirements.
New Zealand Immigration examines a partnership based on the following criteria:
- How long have you been together and how long have you been living together as a couple?
- Do you support each other financially?
- How do you share financial responsibilities?
- How do you commit to each other in life?
- Whether you share common household tasks
- Do others recognize your relationship?
In general, your relationship should be genuine and stable.
- You are allowed to receive this visa for business purposes. So you have to submit a letter from your employer or the New Zealand company you are going to negotiate with. This letter should explain your occupation and the purpose of your trip to New Zealand.
- You have to pay for your health care. You must also state in your visa application that you will cover these costs. Therefore, we recommend that you purchase the full medical insurance for the duration of your stay in New Zealand.
- You must also indicate that you can purchase tickets out of New Zealand. You will also be allowed to have a sponsor. Your sponsor must complete the Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry. The sponsor must also provide the following documents:
- Recent bank statements
- Employment agreement
- Accommodation ownership or payment of rent
How to apply for the New Zealand Business Visitor Visa?
● Online submission:
- First you need to check if you are applying for a visa from Visa Waiver countries. People who are members of these countries do not need to obtain this visa.
- If you need to obtain a Business Visitor Visa, you must complete the application form and pay the visa application fee. In addition, you must prepare other supporting documents.
- To submit documents, you must first create an account on the New Zealand Immigration website, then submit your documents through this account. You can also track your status through this account.
● Paper submission:
- First you need to check if you need a visa or not.
- Complete the paper visa application form and pay the visa application fee. In addition, you must prepare the required documents.
- You must then submit the mentioned items through the nearest visa application center. To find these centers you can visit the New Zealand Immigration website to find information about the locations of these centers based on the country you are applying for.
How much does it cost to apply for this visa?
If you intend to obtain a New Zealand visa, including a Business Visitor visa, you will have to pay a visa application fee. The exact amount of the visa application fee is determined based on the country where you are applying for the visa. So visit the New Zealand Immigration website for accurate details on what you have to pay. In this website, you can get detailed information by entering the name of your country.
You should keep in mind that the cost of applying for a visa is non-refundable. In other words, whether the visa request is accepted or rejected, this fee will not be refunded to you.
What is the processing time of this visa?
First of all, we must remind you that at present, applicants cannot apply for temporary visas, including this one outside of New Zealand.
Regarding the processing time, you must first determine whether you need a New Zealand Business Visitor visa. If you must obtain this visa, in most cases, your application will be processed within 15 days, and a decision on the visa will be made.
Let’s sum up …
We have provided everything you need to know about the New Zealand Business Visitor Visa in the previous sections. Keep in mind that this permission is issued for business purposes only. In other sections of the Visa Library website, you can find other New Zealand visas as well as visas from different countries.
If you have experience obtaining this visa or other visas, you can share it with other readers through the comments section. You can also ask your questions through this section, and we will answer as soon as possible.