The Australia Business Visa is mainly for people who intend to invest, start a business, or entrepreneurs in Australia. Therefore, the requirements for obtaining this visa are a little more complicated than other visas in this country.
We review the types of Australian business visas, their requirements, the application process, processing time, cost, and other details.
Australia Business Visa: Requirements
The requirements for applying for an Australia Business Visa are:
- Applicants applying for an Australia Business Visa must be nominated by an organization or government.
- You need to demonstrate an overall successful business career. You must also demonstrate your willingness to manage a business in Australia.
- Some people applying for an Australia business visa must be within a certain age range.
- As an Australia Business Visa Applicant, you must not have a visa canceled beforehand. Also, your visa application must not have been rejected.
- If you or your family owes a debt to the Australia Government, you or they must pay it.
- You must meet health and character requirements for all Australia visas, including business visas.
- Those looking to invest in Australia should consider the requirements related to total net assets worth and annual turnover.
Australia Business Visa: Application Process
There are two options you can apply for an Australia Business Visa:
- Online submission: In this method, you have to create an account in ImmiAccount. Then complete the application form related to your visa and then scan the other supporting documents and submit them via your account.
- Paper Submission: In this method, you must prepare a certified copy of the documents and then complete the visa application form. You should also pay the visa application fee and send the receipt along with other documents to the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
Australia Business Visa: Types
- Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188): Visas that fall into this category are divided into several subcategories:
- Business Innovation stream: People with business skills can apply for this visa. This permission is valid for four years and three months, and its processing time is unknown.
- Investor stream: Those who want to invest at least AUD1.5 million in Australia need this visa. The validity of this visa is the same as the previous one.
- Significant Investor stream: This visa is for those who want to invest at least AUD5 million in Australia. This is valid for four years and three months.
- Business Innovation Extension stream: With this visa, Business Innovation stream visa holders can extend their stay in Australia by up to six years.
- Significant Investor Extension stream: Business Innovation and Investment visa holders can extend their stay for another four years.
- Premium Investor stream: This visa is for those who are nominated by Austrade and who invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions. This is valid for four years and three months.
- Entrepreneur stream: Under this visa, you can do entrepreneurial activities in Australia.
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 888): This permission allows you to continue your investment activities in Australia and reside there permanently. The cost of applying for this visa starts from AUD2,590, and there is no standard processing time for it. Holders of this visa can work and live in Australia.
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132): This visa is divided into two categories:
- Significant Business History stream: Experienced business owners can continue their business in Australia or start a new business under this visa. Holders of this visa can reside permanently in Australia.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: This permission is for those who have sourced venture capital funding from the Australian Investment Council (AIC) (formerly known as the Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association Limited or AVCAL).
Let’s sum up…
In this article, we have studied the types of Australian business visas, the application process, the fees to be paid, and other details. If you want to know about other types of Australian visas as well as visas from other countries, you can visit the Visa Library website.
If you have experience in obtaining an Australian business visa or a visa from other countries, you can share it with other readers through the comments section. This way, they can use your experience. You can also ask your questions through this section. We will respond as soon as possible.