An India project visa would be an appropriate option for those who want to stay in India as skilled workers. This type of visa enables you to take advantage of employer benefits in India and work with professional organizations.
On this page, we seek to gather information about the India project visa, eligibility criteria, required documents, validity and processing time, etc.
What is an India project visa?
The Project visa is granted to skilled and highly skilled workers working in the Power and Steel section to:
- complete a sanctioned project
This visa includes multiple entries, and the validity depends on the project.
India project visa eligibility
You should meet the criteria to be eligible for an India project visa:
- Project visas are not for semi-skilled/unskilled workers.
- The visa holder cannot participate in another project (either the same company or not).
- The visa holder is restricted to the location of the project.
- The validity of this visa depends on the duration of the project or contract with the multiple-entry facilities.
- This visa cannot exceed one year.
- The same Indian company cannot hire the visa holder for two years from the day of issuance.
- India project visa is issued based on the relevant submitted documents making clear that the project is only assigned to the particular foreign company.
- India project visa can be granted to 2 chefs and two interpreters per project.
- The related Indian company would be responsible for the foreigner’s conduct during their stay in India.
- The concerned company is also responsible for the foreign national’s departure upon the expiry date of the visa.
- Visa holders should register with the FRO/FRRO concerned within 14 days of arrival only if the visa exceeds 180 days.
- Prior clearance is needed if the project falls in the Protected/Restricted Areas recognized by the Government of India.
India project visa fees
As the Project visa is under the Employment visa category, the fees would be the same. You can ask the concerned mission or visit the Indian website.
India project visa requirements
- All applicants should fill the application form Online.
- A photo-sized 50mm x 50mm with white background should be pasted in the form and uploaded online.
- All the official documents must include English translation recognized by the authorized agencies of the Consulate
- A passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Photocopy of the passport
- Appointment letter from company
- Proof of accommodation
- Valid email address
- Registered insurance
- Financial capability
- Indian project awarding company
- Job description
- Business License No. / PAN of an Indian company
- The registered address of the Indian company
- Duration of visa applied for
- Copy of educational qualification with English translation
- Letter from the Indian company specifying the following details:
- Name of the foreign company
- The registered address of the foreign company
- Name of the project
- Location of the project in India
- Duration of the contract (number of days)
- Total number of foreign workers to be sent by the foreign company
- Letter of conduct guarantee from the Indian company addressed to the Indian Mission
India project visa validity and processing time
The validity of the India project visa will be a maximum of one year. However, the processing time depends on the country you are applying from. It may also differ if you need a rush visa or not. For more information in respect, you can visit this site.
India project visa extension
The India project visa can be extended for another year by the State Government or the UT Administration.
How to apply for an India project visa?
All of the applicants need to fill the application form Online.
Please print and sign the application before submitting it at the Consulate’s visa counter along with the passport.
The concerned authority in India requires a separate application form for a Project visa. This form can be downloaded from the mentioned website and filled in triplicate with care and correct information. After that, The concerned Consulate will contact you to participate in the interview.
You may not bring anyone along. However, suppose your family members would like to travel with you to India. In that case, they can apply through a different kind of visa such as an employment visa, tourist visa, research visa (Internal link), etc.
With an India project visa, you can benefit from the opportunity to live in a lively country with high-tech facilities and professional organizations. On the Visa Library website, you can learn about other Indian visitor visas like (intern visas and employment visas) as well as ways to immigrate to other countries.
To collect more information about other types of visas, you can go to the sidebar or visit the website menu. We value your comments, so do us a favor to talk about this visa if you have experienced it before.