Are you unsatisfied with not finding a job in your country? Well, you can apply for an India Employment visa. India would be a good option as it provides you with a wide variety of job vacancies.
In this article, we have covered all the significant tips about India employment visas, the eligibility criteria, requirements, etc.
India employment visa eligibility
Foreigners who desire to come to India with the employment objective should fulfill the following conditions:
- Job offer
- The applicant should be a highly skilled employee designated by an organization in India based on a contract.
- Employment visa is not given for jobs that qualified Indians can take care of.
- Employment visa is not granted for ordinary, secretarial, or clerical jobs.
- The foreign national comes to India for employment in a foreign organization accomplishing some project.
- The salary of an India employment visa applicant in any sector should exceed US$ 25,000 per year.
However, the annual floor limit on required income does not include:
- Ethnic cooks
- Language teachers
- Embassy/High Commission staff in India
Some other employees who are eligible for India employment visas include:
- Consultants on contract for whom the Indian company pays a fixed compensation, not in the form of a monthly salary.
- Artists contracted to conduct regular performances for hotels, clubs, or other organizations.
- Coaches of national-level teams or reputed sports clubs.
- Athletes contracted for a specified period by the Indian Clubs.
- Self-employed foreigners working in the following fields:
- Teaching or interpreting
- Specialist Chefs
- Technical support/service providers
- Other highly skilled services
India employment visa requirements
The documents you will have to provide for an India employment visa include:
- A valid travel document and a re-entry permission
- Payment of tax liabilities
- Papers of the proposed employment
- The company registration under the Companies Act
- Proof of registration of the firm in any recognized promotional body in fields of industry and trade
- Confirmation of the contract by the company/organization
- Documentary proof of educational qualifications
- Registration of the firm evidence in the State Industries Department/the Export Promotion Council concerned
Note: The Indian officials might require further documents for an employment visa. It’s up to your situation and nationality.
How to apply for an India employment visa?
The application process for an India employment visa is as follows:
First, you need a job offer from an Indian employer. Then, the job must follow the rules and regulations mentioned above. It must also lead to a signed contract.
Submit your online application to the Indian online visa website. First, you need to gather the required documents and the scanned form of them. Then, complete the online form with the proper form of your documents.
You can pay the visa processing fee online or in person.
In the end, you need to print the physical copy of the result page.
After completing the online form, the Indian authorities will contact you to arrange an in-person meeting. So you need to provide them viable contact details.
Get to the embassy on the arranged date and bring the requirements. You might pass an interview about the purpose of your visit to India, so be prepared. Explain to the officials what you will do in India and the purpose of your visit.
After completing the procedures with the embassy, you need to wait until they process your application. The processing time depends on different factors. When your visa is ready, the authorities inform you.
India employment visa extension
The authorization of the following organizations can extend the Employment visa:
- The State Government
The extension duration can last for a total period of 5 years beyond the initial visa validity, on a year-to-year basis, only if you meet the following criteria.
- Good conduct
- Document preparation in support of continued employment
- Income Tax returns filing
- No adverse security inputs
The extension period will not exceed five years from the date of issuance of the first Employment visa.
India employment visa validity
The validity of an India Employment visa is as follows. In the case of:
A foreign technician
In pursuance of a reciprocal agreement between the Indian government and the foreign government, an employment visa can be granted for the duration of the contract, or five years, whichever sooner, with multiple entries.
IT highly skilled personnel
The Missions can grant you an India employment visa with three years validity or the term of 9 assignments, whichever sooner, with multiple entries.
A foreigner employment visa applicant
The foreigner employment visa applicant who is not included in the above list can be granted a validity of up to two years or the assignment term, whichever is less, with multiple entries.
India employment visa exceptions
The applicant must take the act of applying for an India employment visa from the country of origin/residence. He/she will receive a visa if his/her permanent residence is more than two years. Also, the applicant should detail the name of the sponsoring company on the visa sticker.
If an employment visa is valid for 180 days or less, FRRO/FRO registration is not required. The Missions may issue multiple entry employment visas for 180 days or less.
However, suppose the employment visa is valid for more than 180 days. In that case, the E-visa holder must register with the FRRO/FRO within 14 days of arrival.
On registration, the FRRO/FRO may issue a Residential Permit for the duration of the visa. Therefore, if there is an alteration in the residential address, the foreign national concerned shall report the new address, in writing, to the FRRO/FRO concerned.
India employment visa allows you to gain work experience in India with the existing standard occupational conditions. In addition, you can take advantage of living and working among other nationalities and learn more about different cultures and traditions, as India has a wide variety of nations living in it.
The article explained who is eligible for an India employment visa, the requirements, the application process, and more. On the Visa Library website, you can learn about other Indian visitor visas like (intern visas and project visas) as well as ways to immigrate to other countries.
If you want to know more about other types of Indian visas, you can take a look at the left sidebar. In addition, there is a detailed guideline on applying for a visa from A to Z. Let us know if you have had experience obtaining these types of visas.