China F visa is for people who enter the country for non-commercial purposes such as attending a conference. This is valid for 30 days and its processing time is 4 working days. Of course, you should note that you can increase the length of stay depending on your circumstances in some cases. Fortunately, the requirements for obtaining this visa are not very complicated. All you have to do is fill out an application form and provide documents such as a photo and passport. Besides, you will need an invitation letter. In the following, we discuss how you can apply for an invitation letter as well as provide other requirements.
What is the China F visa?
China F Visa is for those who intend to enter China for non-commercial activities. These activities include the following:
- Lecture presentation
- An investigation
- Scientific and cultural exchanges
- Study tours
In general, the validity of this visa is thirty days. This means that from the moment you enter China, you can stay in this country for 30 days and do your non-commercial activity. If you need to stay longer in this country, you must clearly state it in your application form. The immigration officer will then assess your application and may increase the validity of your visa as needed. Prior to 2013, F visas were issued for business purposes, but now the M visa is issued for this purpose.
You cannot work in China under this visa. If you are planning an internship, you must apply for an X or Z visa.
What are the requirements to obtain the F visa?
If you intend to apply for this visa, must consider the following tips:
- You must provide a passport that is valid for at least six months and has a blank page. If your passport does not have enough validity, you first need to renew your passport. If you have another valid China visa in your other passport, you must provide that passport when submitting the documents.
- You must also complete the F Visa application form:
To complete the form, download and complete it on your computer, then print and sign it. The handwritten form is not accepted. Completion of all sections of the form is mandatory. If a part does not apply, please type “None” or ” N / A”. Your form must be printed as single-sided pages.
- The color photo, which is the size of a passport photo, must be affixed to your application form. Your photo requirements are:
- Photo dimensions: 33mm (wide) x 48mm (tall)
- Your full face must be visible in the photo
- Low-quality photos are not acceptable
- The photo must have been taken during the last six months
- You can use the paper clip to attach the photo to the visa application form.
- You must also provide one of these items:
- China F Visa Invitation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Invitation (with the invitation letter attached)
- Conference notice issued by the relevant entity, individual, or duly authorized Chinese institute.
- If you need to get the China F visa multiple entry, you must also provide a copy of your previous China visa.
- You will also need to provide copies of documents such as hotel reservations, return air ticket booking, and financial proof in some circumstances.
What is the China F visa invitation letter?
The invitation letter must contain the information:
- Personal information about the applicant, including full name, gender, date of birth, etc
- Information about the planned visit
- Purpose of visit
- Arrival and departure dates
- Place(s) of visit
- The relation between the principal applicant and the inviting entity
- Financial source to cover costs
- Information related to inviting entity such as
- Its name and address with the official stamp
- The contact number
- Signature of the representative of the inviting entity
Invitation letters issued by the Chinese Institute must be printed on the official letterhead with address, phone, and fax number. In most cases, a scanned or fax copy of the invitation letter is sufficient, but the consulate may ask you for the original invitation letter.
How to apply for the F visa?
- You need first to prepare all necessary documents based, as listed earlier.
- You must then present the prepared documents to the embassy or consulate near you. If there are Chinese Visa Application Centers in your country, you can submit your documents there. It is not possible to apply for China visas online.
- The embassy will review your application and decide on granting the visa.
Processing time of China F visa
In most cases, the Chinese embassy issues an F visa within four working days.
The application fee for the China F visa
The fee you have to pay for a China visa depends on the following factors:
- Your nationality
- Number of entries
In general, the more entries, the more you have to pay. Citizens of Pakistan, Slovakia, and Bulgaria do not need to pay. The application fee for citizens of Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia is shown in the table below:
|Number of entries||US Citizens/ USD||Canadian Citizens /CAD||UK Citizens/ GBP||Australian Citizens/ AUD|
|Multi entries for six Months||140||142||151||169.5|
|Multi entries for 12 months or more||140||142||151||229.5|
How you got your China F visa: first-hand experience
Have you ever had the experience of attending a conference under the China F visa? If your answer is yes, you can tell your story to our other readers. Conveying your unique experiences will help us provide more complete information. Other readers can also use your experiences to make better decisions.
Let’s sum up …
Based on the questions asked by our users, we have tried to cover all the important issues related to the China F visa, including the application process, requirements, costs, and more. You can read information about other China visas through Sidebar on the left side of the page. Also, at the top of the website, you can find a list of countries along with their visas. Our goal is to present up-to-date and accurate content in line with the latest changes and policies.
You can also put your questions in the comment section and we will answer as soon as possible.