The Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa is a type of work visa that allows you to think about getting a New Zealand residency. If you can get a full-time job offer from an Accredited Employer, you will qualify for this visa and gain its advantages.
We cover all you need to know about the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, including the application process, requirements, costs, and other details.
What is Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa?
Those who have a skill that’s required by an accredited employer in New Zealand can apply for this visa. This visa is a way to get a resident visa in New Zealand. To receive this visa, the accredited employer must grant you a full-time job offer. If you work for the same accredited employer for up to two years, you can apply for New Zealand residency. To get this visa, you must consider the following tips:
- This visa is valid for 30 months.
- You must be 55 years of age or younger to apply for this visa.
- As long as you have this visa, you must work for the same employer who offered you the job.
- You cannot enter your dependent children and partner when applying for this work visa.
- As a visa holder, you can study for three months every 12 months.
- Your visa must be entered in a valid passport. If your passport expires, you need to transfer your visa to your new passport. For this purpose, you must:
- Send an old and new passport to New Zealand Immigration.
- Pay the visa transfer fee.
- Complete the Application for Transfer or Confirmation of a Visa.
Please note that from August 10, 2020, work visa applications are closed for those applying outside of New Zealand.
What are the requirements for obtaining a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work visa?
- If you plan to submit your documents online, you must send a photo with other documents. If you prefer to use the paper application, it is necessary to send two photos.
- A passport, a certified copy of it, and a certificate of identity are required. Note that if you send your original passport, the application will be processed faster.
- Everyone over the age of 17 must send a police certificate. This certificate is issued by your country of citizenship or the country in which you have lived for five years or more after reaching 17 years old. For more detail on how to issue the police certificate, visit the New Zealand Immigration website. Note that this certificate must be in English.
- Anyone who intends to obtain a New Zealand visa, including this one, must have a medical examination and chest x-ray.
- As mentioned earlier, you must be 55 years of age or younger to qualify for this visa.
- You must have a job offer before applying for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. Your job offer should:
- Be given by an accredited employer.
- Be full time
- Be current at the time of applying for the visa.
- You should receive at least NZD 79,560 per year. You must also provide your employment agreement to prove that you have a job offer. This agreement should include the following:
- Your employer’s name and contact details
- Your name and contact details
- Your job title
- The address for your place of work
- The kind of work you’ll be doing and your responsibilities at work
- Details of any necessary qualifications or work experience
- Information about whether you’ll need New Zealand registration to do the work
- How long the work will be for
- How long do you have to take up the job offer?
- Pay and work conditions that comply with New Zealand employment law.
How to apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa?
You can apply for this visa in two ways:
- Prepare the required documents based on the type of visa.
- Fill out the paper visa application form and pay the visa application fee and immigration levy. Then send your documents to the nearest visa application center.
- New Zealand Immigration processes your documents and decides whether to grant a visa. If your visa request is approved, you can apply for residency after two years.
- You must first prepare the required documents carefully.
- Complete the visa application form and submit it online along with other documents. To do this, first, you need to create an account on the New Zealand Immigration Website and then submit your documents through this account.
- You can track the status of the visa application through the same account you have created.
- If your visa application is approved, you can enter New Zealand to work and apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa after two years.
Please note that it is not possible to apply for a work visa outside New Zealand dut to COVID-19. Also note that if you submit your documents online, your application will be processed faster.
How much does it cost to petition for this visa?
The cost of applying for this visa varies depending on the country you are applying. Therefore, we recommend that you first go to the New Zealand Immigration website to get up-to-date information in this regard.
Can the visa holder travel?
Once you have received your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, you have three months to enter New Zealand. Upon arrival in New Zealand, you have up to 30 months to travel in and out of New Zealand.
How can a visa holder work in New Zealand?
As a visa holder, you can only work in a specific job for a particular employer. If after you receive the visa and your employer loses the accredited employer status, you can:
- Work for another accredited employer.
- Apply for variation of conditions that if approved, you can work for an employer who is not an accredited employer
If you want the New Zealand government to approve your variation of conditions, your employer must pay you at least NZD 55,000 per year.
Let’s sum up…
We reviewed the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa application process, requirements, and other details in the previous sections. In different sections of the Visa Library website, you can find out about other New Zealand visas as well as visas from other countries.
If you have experience obtaining this or other New Zealand visas, you can share it with other readers through the comments section. Conveying your experiences can be very helpful to others. You can also ask your questions through this section. We will respond as soon as possible.