The Samoan Quota Resident Visa is an opportunity for Samoan citizens to live and work in New Zealand. Therefore, only those living in this state can apply for this visa. Unfortunately, this visa application is currently closed due to the prevalence of COVID-19.
We will explain the Samoan Quota Resident Visa application process, the processing time, fees to be paid, and other details you need to know.
What are the requirements of the Samoan Quota Resident Visa?
If you are a Samoan citizen can register for a ballot to come to this country. If your registration is drawn from the ballot, New Zealand Immigration may invite you to apply for residence. Having a resident visa means you can work, live, and study in New Zealand indefinitely, while also enjoy a unique lifestyle. Unfortunately, due to the prevalence of COVID-19, you can not apply for this visa at this time and will have to wait a few months. If you are applying for this visa, we recommend that you consider the following:
- Applicants in the 15-45 age range can apply for this visa.
- 1100 visas are issued per year.
- You can bring your family members to this country under the Samoan Quota Resident Visa, provided you have entered your family members at your ballot registration.
- You and your partner need to have a job offer to support yourself and your family in New Zealand.
- You must be able to speak and read English.
What are the requirements for obtaining the Samoan Quota Resident Visa?
- You must first complete the Samoan Quota Scheme Registration form. You need these documents to complete this form:
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Copy of your family member’s birth certificate, provided you wish to bring them to New Zealand.
Family members include your partner and dependent children.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 45 to be able to register for this visa.
- If New Zealand Immigration selects you, they will send you a letter explaining what documents you need to provide. They will also explain to you how long you can submit your documents. When you are invited, you have eight months to submit your documents.
- If you want to send your application online, one photo, and if you use the paper application, you have to send two photos. A passport or a certified copy of it is required. Note that if you send the original passport, your application will be processed faster.
- All applicants over the 17 must present a police certificate. The police certificate is issued by one of the following:
- Any country where you have been for at least 12 months in the last ten years
- You should have a medical and chest x-ray.
- You must be a citizen of Samoa.
- You must have been born in Samoa or at least have a parent who was. You must present a birth certificate to prove that you were born in Samoa. If you were born outside of Samoa, you must provide your parents’ identity card or passport.
- To be eligible for the Samoan Quota Resident Visa, you must be able to speak and read English. You will be asked questions in English about yourself, your family, and your background when you are invited to apply for this visa.
- You need to have a full-time job offer for at least 12 months. In this case, you must provide the following documents:
- Job offer
- Job description
- Employment agreement
- Registration, if you need to be registered to do that job
- You will not be given this visa if your employer is on the list of non-compliant employers maintained by the Labor Inspectorate.
- Your family members can also come to New Zealand under this visa. Therefore, you must provide documents such as a birth certificate and marriage certificate. Your family members must also meet the requirements of identity, character, and health.
- You must have enough income to live in New Zealand. So you should earn NZD $ 38,577.76 per year. So you need to provide documents such as a contract to show you have enough income.
- When applying for this visa, you must be in Samoa, or if you are in New Zealand, you must have a valid temporary visa.
How to apply for the Samoan Quota Resident Visa?
- You must first register for the ballot. So fill out the Samoan Quota Scheme Registration Form. If you want to bring your family members to New Zealand, you must include them.
- If your registration was selected from the ballot, New Zealand Immigration will invite you to apply for residency.
- If New Zealand Immigration invites you, you will have eight months to submit your documents.
- New Zealand Immigration will assess your documents and make the final decision on whether to grant a visa. They may ask you for more evidence.
What is the processing time of the Samoan Quota Resident Visa?
Registration for Ballot is currently not possible due to COVID-19. Therefore, the processing time of this stage is not known at this time. If you are invited to apply for this visa, your application will be completed and processed within 16 months.
How much does it cost to apply for this visa?
If New Zealand Immigration invites you to apply for a visa, you must pay WST (T) 1,485. Samoan Quota Resident visa applicants are exempt from paying immigration levy.
Let’s sum up…
This section reviews the application process, requirements, processing time, and other details related to Samoan Quota Resident Visa. You can learn about other New Zealand visas as well as visas from other countries in other sections of the Visa Library website.
If you have experience obtaining a Samoan Quota Resident Visa or other visas, you can share it with others through the comments section. Conveying your experiences can be a great help. You can also ask your questions through this section.