Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa is a New Zealand resident visa that is defined for key workers of businesses relocating to New Zealand. There are many benefits to getting this visa. If you can meet the requirements of this visa, you can live in New Zealand permanently. Besides, you can bring your family members to this country.
In the following, we will examine who is eligible to receive this visa, as well as what requirements you must provide to obtain it. So if you need to get this visa, this section intends to answer all your questions about this visa.
What is the Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa?
This visa is for those who:
- are key employees in a business relocated to New Zealand
- are also not eligible for other New Zealand resident visa
If your visa application is approved in principle, you will be issued a work visa to relocate your business to New Zealand. You can work, live, and study in New Zealand if you can meet your visa requirements. To receive this visa, you must pay attention to the following:
- If you can qualify for the relocating business resident visa, you can stay in New Zealand indefinitely.
- You can bring your partner or other dependents to New Zealand under this visa.
- If you include your family members in your visa application, they can stay in New Zealand as a visitor and student visa while relocating your business.
What are the requirements for obtaining the Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa?
- You need to provide two acceptable photos so that your head and shoulders are visible.
- A passport or a certified copy of it and a birth certificate are also required. Passport must be valid for at least three months from the date of your arrival in New Zealand.
- To prove your good health, you must have a medical examination and chest x-ray.
- You must provide a police certificate to prove your good character. This certificate is required by people aged 17 years old or over who intend to stay in New Zealand for a long time. The police certificate is issued by your country of citizenship. The country where you have spent 12 months in the last ten years can also issue this certificate. This certificate must be in English and should not be more than six months from the issuance date at the time of submission.
- You must meet the requirements for a fit and proper person. So all the businesses you have had must comply with immigration, employment, and taxation laws. You should also not be investigated by the Serious Fraud Office or the New Zealand Police for any offense related to your business. You should also not have conviction records or be involved in business fraud or financial impropriety.
- You can include your family members in the Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa application. Therefore, you must prove your relationship with them by providing documents such as marriage or birth certificates. Your family members should also be able to meet your character, health, and English language requirements.
- You must also be fluent in English. To prove your ability in English, consider the following:
- English language test result (such as IELTS or TOEFL)
- Evidence you have an English-speaking background
- Proof you are a competent user of English for other reasons.
At the time of submission, no more than two years must have passed since the language test result.
- You must provide a letter from your CEO (Chief Executive Officer) regarding the relocating business. This letter should contain the following:
Name and location of the business
Reasons for moving business to New Zealand
Confirm that the business complies with New Zealand’s immigration and employment laws.
Your current role in the business and your job description after relocation
Reasons to show that this relocating is in New Zealand’s favor
- New Zealand Immigration will examine the relocation benefits for New Zealand and whether it will contribute to the country’s economic growth. For this purpose, they consider the following items:
- Introducing new technology and management skills
- Strengthen current production and services
- Creating a new export market
- Expand the current export market
- Creating full-time jobs for New Zealanders
- Your role in this business should be clear. The documents you can provide in this regard are:
- Letters of appointment
- Certificates of service
- Pay slips
- Job descriptions
- Tax records
- Performance reviews
- References from your employer
Your employer references must:
- Be on company letterhead.
- Explain your role in business
- +Enter the employer’s contact number and address
- Your business must meet New Zealand employment laws:
- You have to pay the minimum wage to the workers.
- Consider your employees’ holidays and leaves.
- Create a safe work environment.
- You should hire people who are allowed to work.
- The relocated business must be operated in New Zealand. The evidence you need to provide is:
- A certificate of incorporation
- Audited accounts
- GST records
- Tax records
- Documents proving a business site has been purchased or leased
- Invoices for business equipment and supplies
- Any other documents that show the business are operating, such as employment contracts, bank statements, power bills, sales agreements, and deals, to provide products or services.
- The business must have the support of the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE).
How to apply for the Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa?
You must first complete the Residence Application and submit the completed form with the following:
- Supporting documents
- Visa application fee
- Immigration levy
If your business has not yet relocated to New Zealand, New Zealand Immigration will give you a temporary work visa with 24 months validity. Your family members who have been included in your application can also obtain a visitor visa.
New Zealand Immigration may then need more information:
- Evidence that you and your family members have an acceptable level of English. If your family members cannot speak English, you will have to pay their class tuition fee before granting a visa.
- Evidence that your business is relocating to New Zealand
The final decision on granting a visa depends on New Zealand Immigration.
What is the processing time for Employees of Relocating Business Resident visa?
Usually, 90% of the submitted applications are completed and processed within 21 months.
How much does it cost to apply for this visa?
The cost of applying for an Employees of Relocating Business Resident visa depends on the country where you are applying for the visa. But citizens of most countries must pay NZD 2,670 as a visa application fee. We, therefore, recommend that you visit the New Zealand Immigration website for details on how much you will have to pay.
Let’s sum up…
In this section, we described the requirements of Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa. Please note that you can stay in New Zealand as long as you can meet the conditions. For more details on the requirements and application process for other New Zealand visas and visas from other countries, you can visit the Visa Library website’s other sections.
If you have experience in the application process of Employees of Relocating Business Resident Visa or similar visas, you can share it with us through the comments section. You can also ask your questions through this section. We will respond as soon as possible.
The New Zealand visa’s processing time was precisely mentioned on your page. My gratitude.