A Russia humanitarian visa is just right for you if you are traveling to Russia for sports, culture, science and technology, public, religious, philanthropic, or humanitarian purposes.
On this web page w walk you through the steps to apply for a Russia Humanitarian visa, highlighting eligibility criteria, requirements, processing time, etc.
What is a Russia Humanitarian Visa?
Russia Humanitarian Visa may be issued to foreigners traveling in Russia for sports, culture, science and technology, public, religious, philanthropic, or humanitarian purposes.
Single and dual entry humanitarian visas are valid for up to 90 days.
Multiple humanitarian entry visas are valid for 13 years. (Multiple immigration visas do not have a residence permit. Therefore, it can only be used for multiple re-entries instead of an extended stay in Russia).
According to Russian Immigration Law, foreigners with multiple entry visas can only stay in Russia for 90 days every 180 days).
Eligibility for the Russia Humanitarian Visa
A humanitarian Visa is for cultural or political exchanges, sporting events, scientific or technical purposes, religious purposes or missionary programs, charitable events and organizations, or the Russian Federation for Humanitarian relief.
A humanitarian Visa is issued according to the applicant with the original official invitation issued by the Federal Travel Agency (FMS) of the Russian Federation applied by the inviting organization.
These visas should be issued for a single or double entry period of up to 90 days or multiple entry periods of 3 years.
Under the simplification of visa procedures for citizens of the Russian Federation and the United States, authorized citizens can apply for a one-year or three-year multiple-entry Humanitarian visa.
How to apply for a humanitarian visa in Russia?
To apply for a humanitarian visa, you need to complete several steps. First, you can check if you need a humanitarian visa or enter Russia with no visa. You can then proceed with the Russia humanitarian visa application process. The application process consists of the following simple and early steps:
- Check the validity of your passport before performing any other tasks. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the day you leave Russia.
- Receive an invitation (visa support). Your Russian Host Company/organization is responsible for receiving invitations on your behalf.
- Fill out the online Russia humanitarian visa application form. You can find the form on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Submit the form online, then print and sign.
- Collect the necessary documents for a Russia humanitarian visa. Multiple documents must be selected and submitted as part of the application. Below you can find a list of documents required for Russia humanitarian visas.
- Please submit a Russia humanitarian visa application. Submit your application at the Russian Consulate or Visa Processing Center in that country. Please submit the application form directly.
- Pay Russia Humanitarian Visa Fees. Russia Humanitarian visa costs range from more than 30 euros to less than 300 euros. In some cases, you may require to complete the payment in cash or through a bank. Fees are non-refundable.
- After completing these steps, wait for the application to process. Then, when you receive your visa-issuing passport at the embassy, attach the visa sticker to your passport.
After arriving in Russia
When you arrive in Russia, you will receive your card at the port of entry. Known as an immigration card, it consists of two identical parts. You need to enter all the two required information.
Some of the cards will remain with the border police, and the others will be taken. If you stay in Russia for more than one week, you will need to register for a visa. The registration procedure depends on where you will be staying:
- In the case of a hotel, the hotel is responsible for registering the visa.
- In a private home: The owner must register a visa for you. In this case, you may need to pay a small fee.
Hotel or homeowners need copies of several documents to register for a visa. This includes:
- Passport data page.
- Russia Humanitarian Visa.
- Entry (Immigration) card.
Requirements for Russia Humanitarian Visa
- At least two empty visa pages must be included and must be valid within six months after the visa expires. During the application process, the passport remains in the consulate for the entire period.
- Fill out the online support form on the website, and the applicant will print and sign it directly. Then, select the application center to submit your application. The electronic application will be sent to the required visa center. The Russia Visa Center offers additional services to complete the application on your behalf.
- One recent photo based on the photo specifications is needed. You can choose a photo service at the Russia Visa Application Center in Helsinki.
- Greeting (invitation) letter given by the General Administration of Immigration Affairs of the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation.
- Insurance for the whole period of stay in Russia.
- Confirmation of continued stay in their home country is only required for Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Georgia, Vietnam, Iraq, China, North Korea, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, and Pakistan. Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia. NS. Confirmation of stay in the country of Finland for more than 90 days in the following countries (notification from a residence permit employer or educational institution or excerpt from the Finnish Population Information System): All countries (Denmark, United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Ireland) EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, excludes citizens of Switzerland, India, Iran, Korea, and the United States.
- For the interest of Bahrain, Albania, Venezuela, South Africa, Lesotho, Mali, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Haiti, Egypt, and Libya, please contact the Visa Application Center before submitting documents.
Russia Humanitarian Visa Fees
Russia Humanitarian Visa Fees range from more than 30 Euros to less than 300 Euros. Several things serve as the basis for calculating the cost of a Russia Humanitarian visa at the Russian Embassy. These factors include:
- Your nationality.
- The number of Humanitarian visas expected to enter Russia.
- Scheduled length of stay. More items are higher visa costs.
- The period during which visa processing is required. The shorter the time, the more high-cost the visa will be.
Check out Russia Humanitarian Visa fees to find out how much you have to pay.
Humanitarian visa processing time
The average processing time for Russia visas is ten days. However, processing may take 7-20 business days. If you need a short-term visa, you can apply for expedited processing. Processing takes three business days and is much more expensive than standard processing. Humanitarian visa is given to the residents of different nations and people without citizenship for a section into the Russian Federation with a motivation behind building up, reestablishing and fortifying logical, social, social and political relations, for donning exercises, strict and good cause fill in just as helpful guide conveyance.
It is given depending on a greeting given by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MIA) or a composed solicitation from a host association or foundation. It might likewise be founded on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs choice (Russian MFA).
A Russia humanitarian visa grants you the opportunity to travel to Russia not only as a visitor but as a visitor who has a specific purpose such as culture, arts, etc. We covered all the necessary details you need to know about this visa on this webpage.
If you want to know more about other types of visas worldwide, visit the website’s menu or the left sidebar.