Whatever you are interested in, the most visited country in the world has an exciting experience to offer you. It’s no surprise more than 90 million people visit France every year. Tourists find it satisfying and beautiful. If you and the love of your life want to experience a memorable honeymoon, you might need a France Tourist Visa. In this blog, we will explain if you need this Visa or not, requirements, the application process, fees, validity, FAQs, etc.
Do You Need a France Tourist Visa?
It depends on your nationality.
A few countries are exempt from France short-stay visa. The nationals of these countries can visit France for up to 90 days without a visa. The following countries are a few examples:
- European Union
Apart from the above list, there are also other countries that are free of France short-stay visa. These countries can also visit France for short-stays without a visa. For long stays, they need an appropriate type of visa. If you don’t come on the France short-stay visa list, then you have to apply for a tourist visa.
France Visa Requirements
These are the required documents you need to apply for a France visa:
France Visa Application Form
There are two types of application form for a France visa:
- Short-stay form
- Long-stay form
Make sure you complete the right form.
Two passport-style photos taken recently
Your passport must have been issued in the past ten years. It must also be valid for at least three months over the end of your travel. It must have two blank pages.
Copies of older visas
If you have had visas for other countries, provide a copy.
Travel Medical Insurance
You have to provide evidence that you have bought medical insurance. It must cover any health problem you might have in France and Schengen areas for €30,000.
It must include all the things you will do in France.
Proof of having financial means
You have to declare how you will pay your expenses in France. So you must submit these documents:
- Bank statements.
- In case you will work in France, an employment contract.
- If you are retired, the retirement benefit plan.
- If you have income from a rented property, provide a copy of the documents.
- In case you are staying with a host, he/she must prove to have enough money to cover you in France.
- Any other evidence to prove you have the funds to cover yourself in France.
Proof of accommodation in France
It shows where you will stay in France. You could submit one of these documents according to the purpose of your visit:
- Hotel reservation.
- Rental contract.
- Certificate of owned property in France.
Criminal record certificate
It shows you have a clean police record.
Proof of paid France visa fee
Requirements based on your employment status
- Contract of employment.
- A copy of your bank statements for the past six months.
- Leave permission from your employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
- A copy of your business registration/license.
- A copy of your bank statements for the past six months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student
- Proof of enrollment
- The certificate of no-objection from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest six months
France Visa Required Documents for Minors
If your minors are traveling with you, you have to provide these documents for them:
- Certificate of birth
- Application form which is signed by both parents.
- Family court order. This is when only one parent has full custody of the child.
- Verified copies of IDs/passports of both parents/guardians.
Certified parental permission to travel to France, signed by both parents if the minor is traveling alone with another person.
What Should You Consider Before Applying for a Tourist Visa?
There are a few things to consider when you want to make sure you will get a France tourist visa:
- Check your passport. You have to ensure your passport fulfills all the validity requirements. If not so, apply for a new passport before you apply for a tourist visa.
- Book flight on time. It’s not always easy to find a flight. If you leave the flight reservation close to the appointment, you may not be able to get one.
- Assure everything is as required. Schengen visa regulations are strict and severe. The embassy/consular officers keep an eagle eye on everything. They concentrate on every small detail.
Where Can You Apply for a Tourist Visa?
It depends on the French regulations in your home country. According to them, you might have to submit your application at:
- A French visa center, consulate, or embassy in a neighboring country.
- The French embassy/consulate in your home country.
- A visa center that French authorities have outsourced it.
Can You Visit Other Countries with Tourist Visa?
You can travel to other Schengen countries by this visa. But you should have a few things in mind.
Make a list of the countries that you are going to visit. Count and write the number of staying days in each country. You have to apply at the embassy of the country you will spend most days (Germany 4, France 3, Austria 1, so you should apply at the German Embassy).
Yet, if you will spend the same amount of days in the visiting countries, you have to apply at the embassy of the country you will land first.
How to Get a Tourist Visa to France?
The application process for all France visa is almost the same. You have to go through some procedures. But the required documents may be different. Here is the list of the steps you have to follow:
- Complete the French Tourist Schengen visa application form.
- Gather the required documents.
- Book an appointment.
- Pay the fees.
- Participate in the appointment.
For a detailed explanation of the France visa application process, visit this blog.
Let’s sum up …
In this blog, we explained all the information you need about the France Tourist Visa.
The definition of this visa, the nationalities who need it, France tourist visa exemptions, etc, got explained.
You can find all the France visa information in the world here. This article is your ultimate guide for the France tourist visa.
To find out more about the visa that suits you, go through the menu of the site. You can find all the France types of visas at the left sidebar.
You can check the visa library to find more information about other countries’ visas.
In case you have some experience, please write it down in the comment section. Your comments let the readers choose better and avoid mistakes. Conveying your experiences as comments is a great help for applicants.