People may want to travel to the United States temporarily to teach or coach as artists or entertainers. These individuals can apply for a US P3 visa individually or as part of a group and under a culturally unique program. Therefore, this visa is considered a non-immigrant work visa. The requirements, application process, and fees of this visa are significantly similar to the P2 visa.
This article will explain all you need to know about the US P3 visa, its requirements, the application process, FAQs, and more.
What are the requirements for this visa?
The applicants for this visa must come to the US either individually or as a group to develop, interpret, represent, coach, or teach a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. In addition, applicants for this visa must attend an event that will help them to develop and acquire a deeper understanding of their art.
How to apply for this visa?
Since a P3 visa is a type of nonimmigrant work visa, the applicants must first find an appropriate sponsor in the United States. The sponsor then submits the documents and petitions to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If the organization approves the sponsor’s appeal, the applicants can initiate the visa application process at the US Embassy in their home country.
Measures must be taken by the employer:
A US employer or a sponsoring organization in the US must submit Form I-129, Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker. consider the following points in your application and completing the form;
- A consultation from a relevant labor organization
- Copy of contract or summary of agreement that shows you are employed
- Explain the event or activity you are going to attend, such as the start and end date of the event and the itinerary
- Certificate issued by well-known experts shows that you have professional and unique skills in presenting, coaching, or teaching.
- Keep in mind that your performance should be culturally unique, as evidenced by the review of newspapers and published material.
- If you are planning to perform in several locations, you must specify the date of the performances and their location in the itinerary.
Teachers can immigrate to the US through US P3 Visa but it is temporary not long term.
Measures must be taken by the applicants:
The steps to be taken by the applicants are:
1. Complete the Form DS-160: All nonimmigrant visa applicants must complete this form.
2. Pay the visa application fee: The visa application fee is $190. Without this payment, your application and documents will not be processed. Also, note that this fee is non-refundable, whether your application is approved or rejected. Depending on the relationship between your home country and the United States, you may have to pay for visa issuance.
3. Prepare documents: The applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of departure.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Applicant Photo: You must also submit your photo online while filling out the online application form.
- The approval of Form I-129
4. Schedule an interview appointment: All applicants between the ages of 14 and 79 must be interviewed at the embassy. You must apply to schedule your appointment time for the interview. Since the workload of embassies varies, we recommend that you schedule as soon as possible. Once the interview is scheduled, you will get a confirmation letter containing information such as the interview date and place. You must bring this letter with you on the day of the interview.
5. Participate in a visa interview: As mentioned, the interview will take place at the embassy. You must be at the embassy on time for the interview.
What is the validity of this visa?
The validity of a US P3 visa is determined by the time required for your performance. But in general, its validity does not exceed one year. If you still haven’t completed your performance after one year, you can apply for an extension. In this way, your visa will renew for another year.
How can this visa be extended?
In order to renew this visa, the employer must re-submit Form I-129 to the USCIS. If the petition is approved, your visa will be extended for another year.
Can P3 visa holders change their employer?
Yes. The new employer must first submit Form I-129 to the USCIS. After approval, you can work with your new employer. Keep in mind that you can’t get started on your job until Form I-129 is approved.
Can visa holders bring their family members to the United States?
Yes. All holders of P1, P2, and P3 visas can bring their children and spouses to the United States under a P4 visa. Your family members are not allowed to work in the United States but can enroll in school or college.
In addition to family members, you can bring your support personnel to the United States, provided that the services they provide play an important role in your performance, and you cannot find such services in the United States. You must provide the following documents for your support personnel:
- A written consultation from a relevant labor organization
- A statement showing the applicant’s essential skills and experience with the P3 visa holder.
- Copy of the contract and summary of an agreement indicate that the support personnel has been employed.
Let’s sum up…
In this article, we explained the details regarding the P3 visa, such as the application form, fees, and requirements. On the Visa Library website, you can learn about other US visas as well as ways to immigrate to other countries. In case you have some experience, please write it down in the comment section. Your comments let the readers choose better and avoid mistakes. Conveying your experiences in comments is a great help for applicants.
How long is the processing time?
It’s short for 2-3 weeks.
How can I know that I can apply for a P3 visa?
Look at the eligibility principles and requirements.
Can I work for another employer?
No, only for the employer that sponsored you.
What is the first step to applying for a P3 visa?
It is to find an employer who is willing to hire you.