Sweden attracts investments and encourages business development. It’s no surprise that small businesses are growing and many people consider investing in Sweden. If you want to travel and develop your business ties with Sweden, you might need Sweden Business Visa. This visa allows you to enter the country to sign a contract, visit industries, etc.
In this blog, we will explain what groups need a Sweden Business Visa, the required documents, the application process, validity, fees, FAQs, and more.
What is Sweden Business Visa?
Sweden business visa is permission to enter the country to:
- Participate in conferences/exhibitions
- Discuss business.
- Sign contracts and MOU.
- Visit industries and businesses.
- Do related business activity
A few countries are exempt from it, but many more need it. It has a few advantages and some limitations.
Who Needs Sweden Business Visa?
Whether you need a Sweden Business visa depends on your nationality. The first point to consider is that Sweden business visa is a short-stay visa. Under business visa, you can only stay in Sweden for up to 90 days. A few countries are exempt from Sweden short-stay visa. Their nationals can enter the country by a passport and stay for three months. If your nationality comes in this category, you don’t need a Sweden Business visa either. However, under business visa, you can only stay for up to 90 days.
Other countries that need a Sweden short-stay visa have to apply for business visa as well. For these countries, the length of stay does not matter. They have to receive Sweden business visa to do whatever business means they have. Such countries need a visa even If they want to stay in Sweden for one day.
Application Process for Sweden Business Visa
The application process for a Sweden business visa is as follows:
1. Find out whether you need a Sweden business visa or not
Before you apply for a Sweden business visa, make sure you need one. As we explained above, a few countries are free of business visa for Sweden. They can enter the country with a passport or travel document. But there is a limit for the duration of stay. Nationals of these countries can only stay for three months. To stay longer, they need a residence permit or a different type of visa.
2. Collect required documents
Once you know you need a business visa, start collecting the required documents. You must submit the requirements to the authorities to prove your eligibility. To know about requirements for a Sweden business visa, see the section below.
You should also know that if one part of your requirements is missing or faulty, the application process will take longer.
3. Make a visa appointment
On this stage, make an appointment to the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country. You could arrange one through phone call or their email address. Then confirm the exact date and time. Being late or missing the appointment would be bad for you.
4. Attend appointment
When the time for the appointment comes, get to the embassy in person. Try not to be late. It would influence your prestige. Wearing something formal would help you. Don’t forget to bring the requirements, application and your passport. You should submit all of them to the authorities.
5. Pass visa interview
When you are in the Swedish embassy, the officials might ask you to go through an interview. They will ask about your:
- Work experience.
- The company you work for.
- Business relation with Sweden.
- The type of activity you will do in Sweden.
- Related questions about your trip and business activity in Sweden.
You should be honest and provide true answers. If you lie about the purpose of your trip or officials suspect you have an illegal intention, they will deny your application.
6. Pay the processing fees
Before visiting the embassy, be prepared to pay the fee for the visa application. You could pay the fee by cash or credit card. It depends on the Swedish embassy’s procedure. You could ask them in advance which way they prefer.
Remember to keep the receipt of payment.
7. Wait until the application gets processed
When you completed everything with the Swedish embassy, you have to wait. Wait until your application gets processed. The processing time depends on different features. One of them is the country you live in.
If authorities accept your application, they will send the visa to your address. If it gets denied, they will inform you of the reason. In some cases, you might have to pick the visa yourself from the embassy. It’s up to the Sweden embassy services in your home country.
Remember that you might be able to apply online for Sweden visa by your nationality. The embassy website will inform you about this service. They have information on their website.
You could receive a Sweden visa through the online application process. However, It’s unavailable due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are the Requirements for Sweden Business Visa?
You have to provide the following requirements for a Sweden Business Visa:
A. Application form
You can receive the application from the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country. Please pay attention to the details when you complete it. Everything must be true and accurate. What you fill in must be the same as your documents. Your first and last names’ spelling must be the same as your passport. Then print, date, and sign it.
Provide two photos with a clear white background. Your head must be uncovered. Your face must cover 70% of the photo. It must be new, taken in the past three months.
The passport you submit mustn’t be older than ten years. At least two blank pages in it is a must. It must be valid for three months after the date you will leave Sweden. If you have previous passports, provide them too. It will raise the chance to receive a business visa.
D. Invitation letter from the Swedish company inviting you
The invitation letter must have the following features:
- Be on Swedish company’s letterhead.
- Stamped and signed by the CEO or an official manager.
- It must include the address and full contact details.
- It must state the purpose of your visit to Sweden.
- Who and how will pay the expenses of your trip must be clear.
E. Proof to have enough funds
You have to state that you have enough money to cover your expenses in Sweden. You could do it through bank statements for the past 180 days.
F. Proof of accommodation
You must state where you will stay during your visit. A hotel reservation or rental agreement will suffice.
G. A reserved round ticket
You don’t have to get it until your visa is approved.
H. Travel insurance
You have to buy travel health insurance valid in Sweden and the entire Schengen Area. It must cover your medical expenses for 30.000 EUR.
I. Proof of previous ties
If you have a previous business relationship with the Swedish company, provide them. The Swedish authorities will check everything. It would be better to inform them in advance.
Requirements based on your job status
- Permission leave from your employer
- Your salary slip for the past three months.
- Documents showing your rank in the company
- Income tax Returned
- Business registration licenses of the company
- Bank statements for the past three months.
- Business Registration License
- Income Tax Return for the past 6 months.
Please note that you have to provide your Biometrics in the following cases:
- If it’s the first time you are visiting Europe
- If you have not traveled to Europe in the past five years.
How Long is the Sweden Business Visa Valid for?
Sweden business visa is a short-stay visa. It is only valid for 90 days in six months. There are different type of entry visa:
- Single entry
- Double entry
- Multiple entries
The type of entry depends on your case and the authorities’ decision.
Can You Bring your Children With a Sweden Business Visa?
Yes, you can bring your children to Sweden under a business visa. But they have to apply for their own visa.
Processing Time for Sweden Business Visa
The processing time for a business visa depends on the country you apply from. It often takes from two weeks to one month. However, it would be wise to start the process a bit sooner.
Can You Work Under Sweden Business Visa?
You have NO authorization to work under a Sweden business visa. You may not participate in any paid activity. If you do, you have to face heavy consequences. You might even face deportation.
Can I Extend my Sweden Business Visa?
Normally you can not extend a Sweden business visa. If you convince authorities that you have no choice other than to stay; you might extend it. Under humanitarian reasons or emergencies, you might be able to extend your visa.
Sweden Business visa interview Questions
During the visa appointment at the embassy, you might go through an interview. The Swedish visa officer will ask you a few questions as follows:
- The purpose of your visit to Sweden.
- Duration of your stay.
- The invitation letter from the Swedish company.
- Your salary and paying tax proof.
- The cost of your trip.
- Who and how will pay the cost of your trip?
- Where will you go to Sweden, and whom will you meet?
- The place you will stay in Sweden.
- Have you had communication with the people you will meet?
- What subjects will you talk to your hosts?
- Is your spouse, law partner, or children traveling with you?
- Marital status.
- Do you have relatives or close friends living in Sweden?
- Have you traveled to Sweden before?
- Your travel history.
- Your educational background.
- Do you have proof that you will return to your home country?
If you represent your company
- What company do you work for?
- The type of activity your company works in.
- What do you do for your company?
- How long have you worked for the current company?
- Company profile and tax return certificates.
- How many staff in your company?
- What product are you going to discuss?
If you own your business
- What type of business do you do?
- How long have you been working?
- Who and how will be responsible for your business while you are away?
- Company’s income and tax certificates.
- Where is your headquarters or office?
- How many subsidiaries?
- How many people working for you?
If you will participate in a conference/exhibition
- How do you know about the conference/exhibition in Sweden?
- What advantage does the conference/exhibition have for you?
- How will you participate in the conference/exhibition
- What is the reason you want to attend the conference/exhibition?
- What subjects will the conference/exhibition cover?
- How much information do you have about the subject of the conference/exhibition?
Please note that the mentioned questions are only samples.
Let’s sum up …
In this blog, we explained all the information about Sweden Business visa.
We covered whether you need a Sweden business visa, the requirements, application process, FAQs, and more.
To find out more about the visa that suits you, go through the menu of the site. You can find all the types of Sweden visas at the left sidebar.
You can check the Visa Library to find more information about other countries’ visas.
In case you have some experience, please write it down in the comment section. Your comments let the readers choose better and avoid mistakes. Conveying your experiences as comments is a great help for applicants.