One of the popular Russia visa types is the Russia special purpose visa. Not only will it be issued within a short lapse, but also it will grant you the opportunity to travel to Russia as a visitor.
On this webpage, we guide you through the application process of a Russia special purpose visa, highlighting the eligibility criteria and requirements.
Who Needs a Russia Special Purpose Visa
This type of visa is a concession agreement allowed by the authorities. It is suitable for those who do not have enough time to obtain full business support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Federal Migration Service. It is ideal for participation in exhibitions, conferences, and trade presentations. You can only use a Special Purpose Visa as a visitor.
As with all concession agreements, this type of visa can only be used once or twice a year. Otherwise, the consulate demands that you explain why you are not traveling on a business visa.
Visa Processing Times and Fees
Payment is needed before processing your order. Ensure you pay the application process beforehand.
- Passport (in good condition, with at least two blank pages, valid for six months after visa expires)
- One recent passport photo (must comply with your country’s Passport Agency Regulations)
- Visa application form (must be filled online and signed)
- Visa processing fee
Other documents may be needed in exceptional cases.
You can go to the country for tourism or business trips, with the Russian special tourist visa.
It is valid for a maximum of 30 days and two entries into Russia. A visa will be issued based on the number of days declared on your Special Tourist Voucher.
Eligible applicants can obtain a special tourist visa for Russia through the Russian website.
You can apply for this visa if the following conditions are met:
- You have a valid passport
- You can provide the required documents
- Your stay does not exceed the period stated in the invitation letter
To apply for this visa, you will need to provide a series of documents. These may include:
- The passport must be valid within six months of the visa’s expiration date and contain at least two designated blank pages.
- Standard passport sized colored photograph with white background
- Filled application form
- Bank statements are required for passport holders that are not Irish: A letter from your employer confirming your current employment status and upcoming travel or recent utility bills.
Other requirements may be needed due to your conditions.
A Russia special purpose visa grants you the opportunity to travel to Russia in the least possible time and participate in the conference or the meeting you have been invited to.
If you have further questions regarding the Russia special purpose visa, feel free to share them with our consultants in the comments or online chat section.
To know more about other types of visas worldwide, visit the website’s menu or the left sidebar. If you have any experience regarding applying for a Russia visa, share it with us!