France, the second-largest economy in Europe with its free market-orientated is highly developed. The chemical industry in this country is a turning point and helping other industries to grow. The industry along with millions of tourists visiting it has made it a successful country. So many people consider expanding their business relationship with France. If you want to have a business trip to this country, you might need a France Business Visa. In this blog, we will explain if you need a France Business Visa or not, requirements, the application process, validity, fees, FAQs, etc.
Who Needs and Doesn’t Need a France Business Visa?
Every national of a country that has not signed a visa-free agreement with the Schengen countries has to apply for a France visa for business purposes.
The nationals of these countries are exempt from getting a visa to France for business purposes:
- The EU member
- the EEA
- Holy See
- The 62 countries under the Schengen visa-free agreement.
Who is Eligible to Get a France Business visa?
To be eligible for a France visa and a Business visa, in this case, you have to be eligible. The following items are conditions:
- Be a real traveler. You should have legal reasons and good intentions for traveling.
- You can afford all the expenses. You must have enough money to cover yourself and others traveling with you.
- Reason to return. You should have strong ties to your home country to prove you will return to it.
- Be a good person. You have to have a clean police record.
- Have good health. You have to have the required health conditions issued by authorities.
- Legal/logical purpose. You have to provide an invitation letter from the company you are going to visit.
Applying for a France Business Visa?
1. Complete the Application Form for France Business Visa
When you want to apply for a France business visa, you have to complete two forms:
- The Schengen visa application form,
- The online form at the official visa website for France
When you complete the online form on France’s official visa website, you will get a list of the required documents. It contains the Schengen visa application form.
You can also get this form at the French embassy in your country of residence. Complete the form, print it, then sign it.
2. Gather the Required Documents for a France Business Visa
There are a few general required documents for every France visa that You have to provide. Aside from them, you must gather the required documents for a France business visa:
- Two passport-style photos taken recently.
- Valid passport. It mustn’t be older than ten years ago. It must also be valid for at least three months over the end of your travel with two blank pages.
- Copies of older visas. If you have had visas for other countries, provide a copy.
- Travel Medical Insurance. You have to provide evidence that you have bought medical insurance. It must cover any health problem you might have in France and Schengen areas for €30,000.
- Complete Itinerary. It must include all the things you will do in France.
- Proof of having financial means. You have to declare how you will pay your expenses in France. Either your employer or your host will cover your expenses.
In case you are staying with a host, he/she must prove to have enough money to cover you in France.
Any other evidence to prove you have the funds to cover yourself in France.
- Proof of accommodation in France. It shows where you will stay in France. You could submit one of these documents according to the purpose of your visit:
- Hotel reservation.
- Rental contract.
If your host will provide a place for you to stay, submit the documents.
- Criminal record certificate. It shows you have a clean police record.
- Proof of paid France visa fee
- An Invitation letter from the French company that has invited you. You should provide its address and the dates you visit them.
- Your employer letter explaining:
- The exact business activity you will do
- The purpose of your visit
The place and duration of the conference, seminar, or meetings you will have.
- Proof of the previous business relations between your company and the host’s, if possible.
The French embassy you apply in might ask for more documents. It depends on its regulations and your case. Make sure of every required document.
3. Determine Where You Should Apply
Once you complete the online form, you should reserve a date for an interview. At this stage, you should ask yourself:” Where Can I Apply for a France Business Visa?”
You meet French authorities and submit the documents.
Depending on the country you reside, the place of this appointment could be one of these options in your home country:
- The French embassy
- A visa center
- The French consulate
One of these three centers in a neighboring country that French authorities have outsourced it.
In case you want to stay in more than one Schengen country, application rules changes in this way:
- If you want to visit only one Schengen country – You have to apply at the visa center/consulate/embassy of the country you will visit.
- In case you want to visit more than one Schengen country – You have to apply at the visa center/consulate/embassy of the country you will spend most of the days.
- When you spend the same amount of time in each country – You have to apply at the visa center/consulate/embassy of the country you will arrive first.
- When you spend the same amount of time in each country– You have to apply at the visa center/consulate/embassy of the country you will spend more time.
4. Book an appointment
Once you know where to submit your application, arrange an appointment with them. You have to make it online (the website) or through a phone call.
Ensure that your appointment date is at least two weeks before the date of your trip.
5. Participate in the Visa Interview
You have to pass an interview for every France visa. The interview takes place when you submit your visa application file.
The visa officer will ask you a few questions about the purpose of your visit to France and other stuff.
If you have not traveled to Schengen country in the last five years, you have to give your biometrics (facial image and fingerprints).
6. Pay the France Business visa fee.
When you attend the interview, you have to pay a visa fee. The fee covers the costs of application processing. The fee for a France Business visa is €80.
How Long Can You Stay in France/Schengen Area with a Business Visa?
The longest time you can stay in France with a business visa is 90 days in 180 days. Depending on the nature of your business and French embassy decision, they will give you time to complete your business.
The given time is different. The French authorities may give you:
- Single entry visa- You may visit France one time.
- Multiple entry visa. You may visit France several times.
France Business Visa Validity
The France business visa is valid for less than 90 days to stay. If you have to travel a lot and to several Schengen countries, it’s wise to apply for a “multiple “entries. You can fill in this option on your application form. Once you get your visa, understand the attached labels. Look at the permitted time to stay in Europe carefully. If you violate it, there will be heavy consequences.
How Long is Needed to Receive a France Business Visa?
It often takes ten Business days to get your visa processed. During this time, the officials will inform you whether you will get a visa or not. Yet, the application process might take longer, depending on:
- Your case
- Political situations
- The embassy or Consulate workload
Can You Extend Your France Business Visa?
You can only extend this visa if you have not stayed for more than 90 days in six months. Also, your current visa must not expire.
Extending a Schengen visa is not easy. You can extend it if some force majeure matter has come up, or you could provide “proof of serious personal reasons.”
If not so, you have to apply for another type of visa. You may only do it from your country of residence.
Can You Apply for a Permanent Resident with a France Business visa?
You can not apply for any other type of France visa during your stay with a business visa. If you want to apply for any other type of visa, you have to id from the country of your residence.
Do You Have to Buy Health Insurance for a French Business Visa?
YES. As we mentioned in the required documents for this visa, you have to buy health insurance. It must cover your expenses of €30,000.
Can You Work with a France Business Visa?
You may not work in any form of a job with this visa. If you want to get a job in France, you have to apply for a work visa from the country of your residence.
Let’s sum up …
In this blog, we explained all the information you need about the France Business Visa.
The required documents, application process, processing time, and different regulations got explained.
You can find all the France visa information in the world here. This article is your ultimate guide for France’s Business visa.
To find out more about the visa that suits you, go through the menu of the site. You can find all the France types of visas at the left sidebar.
You can check the visa library to find more information about other countries’ visas.
In case you have some experience, please write it down in the comment section. Your comments let the readers choose better and avoid mistakes. Conveying your experiences as comments is a great help for applicants.