Have you ever traveled to Turkey? This country annually hosts many foreign travelers who travel to this country for various purposes. If you need a Turkey visa, you need to know the answers to some questions in advance. For example, you must first determine whether you need a visa to travel to Turkey. If your answer to this question is yes, you need to know how to apply, what documents must be submitted, how much to be paid and many more. No worries. We will cover the answers to all these questions and help you plan more accurately.
Who needs a Turkey visa?
Turkey is a country that has always welcomed tourists. In recent years, the number of tourists in the country has been declining due to some political events as well as terrorist attacks. To this end, Turkey has taken steps to attract more tourists. Therefore, some countries can travel to this country for 90 days in half a year without obtaining a visa.
The list of countries that can travel to this country without a visa is:
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Brazil||Bulgaria||Chile||Colombia|
|Czech Republic||Denmark||Ecuador||El Salvador||Estonia|
|Romania||Saint Kitts and Nevis||San Marino||Serbia||Seychelles|
|Switzerland||Tajikistan||Trinidad and Tobago||Tunisia||Ukraine|
Holders of Russian passports can also stay in Turkey without a visa for up to 90 days. Citizens of these countries can stay in Turkey for up to 30 days per visit and 90 days per six months.
If you are not a citizen of any of these countries, you will need a visa to go to Turkey. Nationals of the following countries can also travel to Turkey without a visa, provided they can meet specific requirements:
- You are a national of Cyprus and a resident of Northern Cyprus and enter Turkey via Ercan International Airport, the seaports of Famagusta, Carnia, or Karavastasi. In this case, you can stay in Turkey for 90 days within 180 days.
- Libyans under the age of 13 or over 65 can also stay in Turkey for 90 days during a 180-day stay.
- Palestinians do not need a visa with a VIP passport.
In general, it can be said that nationals of countries that have good diplomatic relations with Turkey can travel to this country for a limited time without a visa. Another thing to know is that people who need a Turkish visa must obtain an e-visa or sticker visa. E-visa has many advantages, including being cheap and fast to process. To receive it, all you have to do is complete the application form and make the necessary payments. Then you have to wait to receive a confirmation email. You can then print the confirmation and take it with you on your trip.
How to apply for a Turkey visa?
You must go through the steps to obtain a Turkey visa. You should note that you must complete all the steps carefully; otherwise, your visa application may be rejected and this may affect your future applications. Before applying for this visa, you should pay attention to the following:
- First, check if you need a visa to go to Turkey.
- Know the exact time to apply for the Turkey visa
- Check where you can apply for your visa.
- Gather the required documents
Remember to apply for a Turkish sticker visa at least one month in advance. You can apply for a visa 60 days before your departure to Turkey. After preparing the documents required to obtain a visa, you must go to the Turkish consulate or embassy in your home country. In some circumstances, you may have to submit your visa application to a third-party visa processing center.
The steps for applying for a Turkey visa are:
- You must first complete the online form. This form contains questions about your identity, nationality, and purpose of your trip to Turkey. By providing this information, the system can determine if you need a visa or if you need to obtain an e-visa. In the end, you will receive a date for your interview.
- You should visit the Turkish Consulate or Embassy on the day of the interview. The interview will be held by a consular officer and will be mostly short. During the interview, you will be asked questions about the purpose of your trip to Turkey. You must also have the required documents with you on the day of the interview. Depending on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for, you may need to provide additional documentation.
How to apply for a Turkish e-Visa?
If you need to get a Turkish e-Visa, the good news is that the processing time is not very long. To obtain this visa, you must follow exactly the following steps:
- You must first go to the Turkish eVisa Website, then fill out the online application form.
- After completing the email form, a confirmation will be sent to you. We recommend that you check the spam if you do not find this email in your inbox. This confirmation email contains a link that will take you back to the e-Visa application website.
- You must pay the e-Visa application fee. After payment, you will automatically receive the payment receipt via email.
- You can then download and print your e-Visa. Note that you must print your e-Visa. Turkish authorities and border officials will never accept e-visa on your mobile or other devices.
What are the types of Turkey visas?
You must determine the type of your visa based on the purpose of your trip to Turkey. The types of visas issued by the Turkish government are:
The types of Turkey visitor visa are as follows:
- Touristic Visit
- Single Transit
- Double Transit
- Sportive Activity
- Cultural Artistic Activity
- Official Visit
- Visit to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Business Meeting/Commerce
The different types of Turkey student visas are as comes below:
- Internship Visa
- Internship ERASMUS
- Internship AISEC
- Turkish Language Course Purpose
- Course Purpose
- Education Purpose
- Education in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
The types of Turkey work visas are as follows:
- Employment Purpose/Special Employment Purpose
- Assigned Lecturers/Academics
- Assigned Sportsperson
- Assigned Artists
- Assigned Free Zone Workers
- Assigned Journalists
- Montage and Repairman Purposes
- Family Unification Purpose
- Archaeological Excavation, Exploration Purpose
- Documentary Purpose
- Tour Operator Representative
- Medical Treatment Purposes
- Accompaniment Purpose
- Freight Vısa
- Seafarer Visa
What are the requirements for a Turkey visa?
The documents you submit to the embassy or consulate to obtain a Turkish visa prove your trip’s purpose and eligibility. Also, note that you will need to provide different documents depending on the type of visa you intend to obtain. Your nationality also affects the documents you must provide. In general, most applicants should consider the following:
- Applicants for all Turkish visas must submit a photo of themselves. The photo’s dimensions should be 5×6 cm, and it should have been taken within the last six months. The picture quality must be clear and high, and you should also look directly at the camera.
- As a Turkey visa applicant, you must also present a passport or travel document that is valid for at least six months from the time you arrive in Turkey. Your passport must have at least one blank page for the embassy to insert the sticker visa. You should also consider that your passport must remain at the embassy while your visa application is under processing.
- The Turkey embassy should know where you will be during your stay in Turkey. Therefore, if you plan to stay in a hotel, you must provide hotel reservation documents. If a Turkish resident has invited you, you must provide an invitation prepared by the host. This invitation must contain information about the host, contact number, and address.
- You should also clarify how your travel expenses will be covered. On average, you should spend at least 50 euros a day in Turkey. Therefore, to prove your financial ability, you must provide the following documents:
- Bank Statements, which must provide the account transaction related to the last three months
- Provide evidence of your other sources of income, including salary slips
- If someone else is going to pay for your trip, you must provide a Letter of Support.
- Travel Medical Insurance is required to travel to Turkey.
- You must show a Police Clearance Certificate to prove you have no criminal record in recent years. The relevant authorities issue this document in your country.
- Applicants for Turkey visa who are under the age of 18 must provide the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- If the parents do not accompany the child on this trip, he/she must provide a consent letter.
- If the child’s parents are divorced, or the child’s custody is transferred to another person, custody rights documents must be provided.
- If one or both parents have died, a death certificate must be provided.
- If you are employed, you must provide a letter of guarantee from your employer indicating that you will come back to your own country after your trip. The pay slip for the last three months is also required. Also, if you own a business, you must provide company registration documents. You must also provide a company bank account statement related to the transactions of the last three months. If your spouse is employed, you still need to provide the same documents.
What is the processing time for Turkey visas?
The processing time for The visas depends on the country from which you are applying for the visa. In some countries, Turkey visas are issued within three days, but in others, visa issuance may take up to two working weeks.
How much does it cost to apply for a Turkey visa?
The application fee for a Turkish visa depends on whether you intend to obtain a sticker visa or a Turkish e-visa. Your nationality also affects how much you pay. Depending on the nationality, the fee you have to pay for a Turkish e-visa is between 14 and 71 euros. Applicants for sticker visas must pay a minimum of 117 and a maximum of 180 euros. However, citizens of some countries, including the UAE, have to pay around 465 euros.
How long can Turkey visa holders stay in this country?
Under a Turkey visa, you can stay in Turkey for up to 90 days in 6 months. Note that this period may vary depending on your nationality:
- Up to 30 days in 6 months
- Up to 60 days in 6months
- Up to 90 days in 6 months
- Up to 60 days on each visit, 90 days in 6 months.
- Up to 30 days on each visit, 90 days in 6 months.
Let’s sum up …
This section provided an overview of how to apply for a Turkey visa. For more information on Turkish visas, see the sidebar on the left side of the page. You can also use the list at the top of the page to find out about other countries’ visas.
Do not forget that you can ask your questions through the comments section and our experts can answer them as soon as possible.