South Korea Family Visa Types, Requirements & Application Process


South Korean family visas are not very diverse and extensive. In most cases, their application process is similar to other South Korean visas. Note that for most family visas, family members only mean a spouse and young children.

In the following article, we will explain the types of South Korea family visa, the application process, the requirements that you must provide, and the fees to be paid.


South Korea Family Visa Application Process

The application process is as follows;

  1.  To apply for a South Korean family visa, you must first visit the nearest South Korean embassy.
  2. Then apply for your intended visa.
  3. You need to wait a while for your visa application to be processed.
  4. Then you should go to the Diplomatic Repentance office to find out the result of the visa. If your visa application is approved, the visa will be stamped in your passport.

South Korea Family Visa Requirements

All applicants for a South Korea family visa must provide the following documents:

  • Visa application form
  • A valid Passport: Your passport should have two blank pages and be valid for at least six months from the time you arrive in South Korea.
  • Applicant photo: The dimensions of the photo must be the passport photo’s dimensions, and its size is 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
  • Return ticket
  • Evidence that you can cover your expenditures while staying in South Korea (such as the bank statement and income tax return)
  • Receipts of payments you have made
  • Any other documents that the embassy may ask you depending on the purpose of your trip

You can access the visa application form through one of the following ways:

  • You can download the visa application form through the embassy website where you are applying.
  • You can also receive this form at the embassy.
  • If you are applying for a South Korean visa through a private company, you can refer to a visa application agency.

Remember that the questions in this form must be answered using a black or blue pen.

South Korea Family Visa Fees

If you want to apply for a South Korean family visa, consider the following table:


The type of Visa Fees ( Based on US dollars)
Multiple entry visa $90
Double-entry visa $70
Single-entry visa, more than 90 days $60
Single-entry visa, for 90 days or more $40


Types of South Korea Family Visa

Cohabitee of diplomat/foreign government official (F-1-3)

This visa is issued to:

  • Dependents of holders of diplomatic visas,
  • Foreign Government Official, or Agreement visas.

Also, it should be noted that this visa does not include family members of holders of these visas.

Spouse/underage children of F-4 overseas Korean (F-1-9)

Spouse and young children of those who have an F4 visa can join their family in South Korea with this visa.


Parents of the international student (F-1-13)

Parents of international students studying in Korea can apply for this visa, provided the student is studying in less than high school grade.


Underage children of Korean national (F-2-2)

A minor child born from a marriage in which either of the parents is Korean can enter South Korea through this visa.


Spouse of a permanent resident (F-2-3)

Family members of F-5 visa holders can apply for this visa. Remember, family members are spouses and young children.


Dependent family (F-3-1)

Family members of some South Korean visa holders can use this visa to enter the country.


Spouse of a Korean national (F-6-1)

This visa is issued for the spouse of a Korean National with marital status who wants to reside in this country to continue the marriage.


Child raising (F-6-2)

People who are not eligible for an F-6-1 visa and want to raise their child in South Korea can use this visa.


Let’s sum up…

In the previous sections, we described the types of South Korea family visas, the application process, the requirements, and the fees that must be paid. In other sections of the Visa Library website, you can find other types of South Korean visas as well as immigration and non-immigrant visas from other countries.

If you have experience in obtaining South Korea visas, write it in the comments section so that other readers can make better decisions in the visa application process. If you have a question or suggestion, you can put it below, and we will respond as soon as possible.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *