The Qatari government issues Qatar business visas for the applicants who want to perform various types of business errands like business meetings, conferences, exhibitions, deals with foreign companies, etc. A Qatar business visa is valid for 3 months, although applicants can only stay for 30 days per visit. This visa can be extended afterward as well. Remember, there is no visa waiver for this kind of Qatar visa.
In this article, we will explain Qatar business visas, how to apply for them, their required documents, their various types, and we will answer some common questions as well.
Who is Eligible to Get A Qatar Business Visa?
If an applicant is applying for a business visa, they will need to verify that they meet the eligibility requirements. Prior to completing the application form, they need to be aware of certain parameters. The applicants have to:
- Possess some evidence of business ownership and purpose of visit. Applicants must prove the existence of their business enterprise to the authorities. Suppose the applicant is an employer and has been invited to carry out a business conference client meeting. In that case, they need an invitation letter from the company and present it to the embassy.
- Meet the specific health requirements. Applicants must be healthy enough to travel to Qatar. Applicants must participate in a medical test before traveling to prove they are healthy enough to travel to Qatar. Then, they must provide relevant proof of health when they travel.
- Meet the character requirements. Doing business in Qatar requires good moral character and genuine intentions. To show the true characteristics of applicants, Qatari officials might ask for relevant documents in the form of a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
- Have sufficient funds. Applicants must have adequate assets to prove they can cover their expenses in Qatar. A bank statement or other types of equivalent documents can be used as proof for financial situations.
What are the Types of Qatar Business Visas?
As mentioned, Business Visas are issued to foreigners to conduct business and work in Qatar. However, there are various types of business visas:
72-hour Business Visa
The 72-hour business visa is issued upon arrival. However, it is possible to extend this visa for another 72 hours. The visa is appealing to those who do not plan to perform long-term business errands in the country. In order to apply, applicants must have the proper documentation that proves the purpose of their trip.
New expatriates and foreign workers who wish to work in Qatar on a short-term contractual basis may apply for this visa. A business visa has validity for up to three months. In order to apply, an approved company or institution operating in Qatar must arrange the visa in advance.
Expatriates looking for lucrative investment opportunities in selected business ventures are qualified to obtain residency without employers. To qualify, applicants must provide property ownership documents, a certificate of good behavior, and undergo a medical examination.
What are Qatar Business Visa Requirements?
In order to apply successfully, applicants must collect the required documents for a Qatar business visa. The list of these requirements is as follows:
- An original passport
- A completely filled out visa application form
- A Business cover letter
- Approved flight tickets
- Evidence of income tax returns
- GCC Medical Certificate
- Applicant’s itinerary with specific details
- Invitee company’s registration specifications
- Evidence of accommodation, such as invitation letter, hotel voucher
- Evidence of purpose of visit like invitation letter, exhibition or conference pass, etc.
- Evidence of adequate assets, such as bank statements.
- Evidence of identification and nationality like PAN card, Adhaar card
- Vaccination certificate
- PCR test
All applicants must provide their actual signed passports, as well as a copy of their personal information page. Passports also require to:
- Be legible by machines.
- Be valid for at least six months.
- Have at least one blank visa page.
- Not be damaged, torn, or altered.
Visa Application Form
This kit includes one visa application form that must be completed in its entirety. The application form must:
- Include answers for all fields.
- Display the applicant’s personal information as it appears in the passport.
- Be signed by the applicant.
Applicants must provide two photocopies. Valid and accepted photos for passports must have the specifications below:
- Photo dimentions: 38 mm x 48 mm.
- Photos must be Colored.
- 70% to 80% of the applicant’s face must be in the frame.
- The applicant’s head is set in the center.
- The picture must be for the recent 6 months.
- The background must be white.
- Applicant must have neutral facial expressions.
- Glasses are not allowed nor required.
- Only religious headgears are allowed.
- Clothing shouldn’t match the background.
Business Cover Letter
Applicants are required to provide a Business Cover Letter from the hiring company with all the required details about it. Company letterhead must be on all printed letters.
Evidence of Accommodation
Applicants must provide some evidence like a hotel voucher If they are staying in a hotel during their visit and proof to confirm the purpose of their travel.
Proof of Sufficient Funds
Applicants must provide proof that they possess adequate assets to pay for their expenses. These financial details must:
- Have the form of a bank statement showing business activity.
- Be on business letterhead.
- Military contractors only need a letter of financial guarantee.
Evidence of Identification and Nationality
PAN cards are important government-issued documents. The guidelines must be followed, and signature proof must be provided. PAN cards are mandatory as proof of identity.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus with the vaccines below:
- Pfizer BioNTech (two shots)
- Moderna (two shots)
- AstraZeneca (two shots)
- Johnson & Johnson (one-shot)
Applicants must have an RT-PCR test, and it must be Negative. Their tests must be done within 72 hours of arrival.
How to Apply for Qatar Business Visa?
Applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria before applying for a Qatar business visa. In order to obtain a visa, applicants will need to apply online at the official Qatar Visa Service website. The steps for the application for the Qatar business visa are listed below. Applicants must::
- Go to the official website of the Qatar Embassy online (www.qatarvisaservice.com)
- Complete the Qatar business visa application form.
- Affix scans of the required documents.
- Submit the documents and the application form.
- Make a business visa fee payment for the processing.
- If approved, receive the visa by email.
Note: Applicants must complete the forms with correct information that matches the details in the documents and the passport because applicants might face rejection if not. In addition, a visa rejection can affect future applications for an applicant visa to Qatar.
How Much does Qatar Business Visa Fees Cost?
A Qatar business visa costs 200 QAR or 54,93 USD for the application fee.
How Long is a Qatar Business Visa Valid?
A Qatar business visa is valid for up to 30 days. However, this visa can be extended to 90 days.
How Long Does a Qatar Business Visa Application Take?
On average, an application for a Qatar business visa takes 15 days to be processed and sent to the applicant.
The Bottom Line …
Qatar is developing rapidly, which makes it an ideal destination for foreign investors and professional employers, especially in the oil industry. Qatari government issues business visas for employers to attend seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc., for 30 days. If you like to know about other Qatar visa types, check the left sidebar for more articles.