Qatar is an attractive destination in Asia with many opportunities for foreign companies and tourists to invest in or have fun. Qatar’s oil industry is a significant factor that makes Qatar an ideal place for foreign companies, workers, and investors. In addition, many tourists attractions like Al Thakira Mangroves, Dahl Al Misfir Cave, Ras Abrouq Rock Formations, and Dunes of Qatar make this country a desirable destination for foreign tourists.
In this article, we will share some general information with you about Qatar visa types, Qatar visa exemptions, and their requirements.
Who Should Get a Qatar Visa?
- Your nationality
- Purpose of your visit to Mexico
Qatari laws determine the types of visas you will need.
- Citizens or permanent residents nationals from 17 countries can enter Qatar for a period of 90 days without applying for a Qatar visa (the overall validity is 180 days). See the list here.
- Nationals from 42 countries can travel to Qatar for a 30-day stay. These nationals can extend their stay for another 30 days. See the list of these countries here.
What is Qatar Visa Exemption?
Currently, three countries are on the Qatar visa exemption list.
- Indian citizens can enter Qatar for 30 days without a visa.
- Pakistani citizens can travel to Qatar for a period of 30 days without a visa.
- People of Rwanda are allowed to visit Qatar without a visa.
What is Qatar Visa On Arrival?
A visa on arrival is another way to enter Qatar without a visa. Nationals of 37 countries can obtain a Qatar visa on arrival. A Qatar visa on arrival allows travelers to enter the country for a maximum of 30 days. You can see the list of these countries here.
Qatar Visas Types
The Qatari government issues several types of visas. Here you can see a list of them below:
- Tourist Visa
- Qatar Business Visa
- Qatar Work Visa
- Qatar Visit Visa
- Qatar Family Visa
- Qatar GCC Resident Visa
A Qatar tourist visa is an ideal opportunity for foreign travelers. They can enjoy the traditional, modern places of the country. Tourist visa holders are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
Qatar Business Visa
Qatar business visas are proper for the applicants who want to perform business errands like business meetings, conferences, exhibitions, deals with foreign companies, etc. A Qatar business visa holds validity for 3 months. However, applicants can only stay for 30 days for each visit.
Qatar Work Visa
Qatar has been hiring professional and skilled foreign workers. This employment rate is to ensure they have the right people to run their operations. A Qatar Work Visa is valid for 1 to 3 months. However, the government’s Residence Services portal allows the employer to renew the work permit for one to three years.
Qatar Visit Visa
Qatar visit visa is a short-term visa for foreign residents to bring their family members, such as father, mother, wife, children, etc., to Qatar for a short stay. The visa is usually valid for one month. However, it can be extended up to six months under some conditions.
Qatar Family Visa
Qatar family visas are issued for foreign workers in Qatar. They are to bring their immediate family members to Qatar for a long-term stay with this visa type.
Qatar GCC Resident Visa
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is an alliance of six Gulf countries. Citizens of these neighboring countries can travel to Qatar easily. The Qatar GCC resident visa on arrival is valid for up to 30 days. Applicants can also extend this visa for a maximum of three months.
What are the Requirements for Qatar Visas?
Each visa type needs its own required documents. However, there are some documents that are common among these visa types, such as:
- Original passport with the least validity of 6 months.
- Passport-sized photographs
- Evidence of accommodation, such as invitation letter, address of family members’ house, hotel voucher.
- Vaccination certificate
- A negative PCR test
How to Apply for Qatar Visa Types?
There are different ways to apply for Qatar visas depending on the type of visa the applicants are applying for.
- For obtaining a tourist visa, applicants can apply online or get a visa on arrival.
- A business visa is available through an online application process.
- A Qatar work visa does not need a lot of effort from the applicant, and the applicant’s employer needs to do most of the work.
- Qatar visit visas can be obtained through an online application or by applying in a direct method of going to a Ministry of Interior (Mol) service center.
- Qatar family visas are available either via the Metrash2 application online or by visiting a Ministry of Interior (Mol) service center.
- For obtaining a Qatar GCC visa, applicants collect their documents for a visa on arrival. However, applying online in advance can make it easier for applicants to spend less time at the airport upon arrival and enter Qatar faster.
Let’s sum up …
The Qatar government provides several types of visas for international travelers and citizens of various countries. Each type of visa has its own specific required documents and methods of applying. It is also noteworthy to mention that Qatar is the host of the 2022 World Cup.
In this article, we mentioned all of the Qatari visa types in general. We also covered the methods of applying for these visas. If you wish to learn more about Mexico visas, check out the left sidebar and read about each visa type in detail.